I have a feeling that they allow it because someone might lose their band while in the park, but still have their original ticket on them which will work because the FPs were put on your account, not just that band.  I suppose in the future that your account might be "activated" when you use your card or band to enter the park.  In the meantime, enjoy the loophole...

But, since the CMs can (at least on some ride entrances) see the name listed for the band I wouldn't chance using an obviously different gender name's band.  I have been welcomed a few times by name when I scanned my band at a ride.  "Big Bubba" might not ought to use "Susie"'s band.   :popo:

I have a feeling that they allow it because someone might lose their band while in the park, but still have their original ticket on them which will work because the FPs were put on your account, not just that band.  I suppose in the future that your account might be "activated" when you use your card or band to enter the park.  In the meantime, enjoy the loophole...

But, since the CMs can (at least on some ride entrances) see the name listed for the band I wouldn't chance using an obviously different gender name's band.  I have been welcomed a few times by name when I scanned my band at a ride.  "Big Bubba" might not ought to use "Susie"'s band.   :popo:

For the benefit of anyone reading- using another person's MagicBand - especially a family member's is not a problem.

A while back, I stopped at a FP+ kiosk to see if I could move a FP+ from one of my daughter's MB's to mine, as she was not going to be able to use it.  The CM working the kiosk couldn't do it, so she called over the CM in charge of the area.  She said that the FP+ couldn't be transferred, but it was perfectly fine for me to swap bands with my daughter and use hers. 

Since then, I now have the benefit of having a daughter who works an attraction with FP+ access.  They are trained to allow any person wearing a MB with a valid FP+ on it to use it- the name does not matter.  So Big Bubba is absolutely fine wearing Susie's Magic Band.  No problem whatsoever.

TCD