Pine Mountain/Callaway Gardens, GA

A couple of months back, we went to this campground for the weekend:  http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/pine-mountain.  Here are a few pictures...nothing fancy, just wanted to give you an idea of what it looked like. It's new and pretty minimal on landscaping (the tent sites had a lot more trees, but I forgot to grab a picture of that area).  The sites were pull-thru and most of them had cement pads.  From what I could tell, a majority of them were level.  Our site had two sewer hook-ups which I thought was an interesting/nice set-up.  Wi-fi was spotty at best.  The park itself is only 5 minutes from Callaway Gardens so a nice locations if CG is your destination.  

The one downside I found to this campground is the layout is such that they really expect guests to use the showers in their RV.  While we have a shower in our hybrid, it is small and Tom cannot fit in it (tip to self: next trailer purchase, have your husband actually stand in the shower).  They have around 190 sites and only (a TOTAL of) 5 showers per gender (spread out over 3 areas... so 2 in two bathhouses and then 1 shower up at the front near the office).  They do have a small, but nice, pool area and a playground.  There is a decent amount of cement drive which is nice if your kiddos have bikes or scooters.  Trash pick-up is at your site every morning; they do not have centralized dumpsters.  

I used AAA and we paid $90 for two nights at a spot directly across from the pool (which had restrooms, but no showers).  The staff was very nice.

20140920_170256_zps6d33f022.jpg

Pond is on a different property, across the street...but still a really pretty view.   The street is quiet with not a lot of traffic.

20140920_164842_zps739d6f4e.jpg

Loved the paint job on this Class A :)

20140920_170327_zps74df110e.jpg

20140920_164849_zpsb549fc76.jpg