We haven't been to Le Cellier since they took DH's favorite appetizer off the menu 3 years ago.

We happened to be walking by one day a couple of weeks ago (ok, I was at the beer cart) and noticed the Steak Tartare was back on the menu!

2 minutes on MDE later and we had a reservation for lunch for the next day.

Sorry for the dark photos... they don't call it "the cellar" for nothing.  8)

10403112_10205720027707117_8937066360815

I'd be happy with a bag of hot pretzel bread.

16778_10205720028027125_3372971250245543

Steak tartare... yes, it's raw, marinated steak.  It's served with pickles and a soft boiled quail's egg and it is OH-so good!

1016889_10205720028227130_43206470548658

Charcuterie plate.  We order a bunch of charcuterie during our trip and it's funny to see the differences.  Some of them had a pretty even mix of meats and cheeses.  Here it's just about all meat.  And super yummy meat at that.  There was venison sausage, some melt-in-your mouth prosciutto, boudin blanc... and some other stuff.  :)

10329282_10205720029667166_2962984899166

We split the 16oz boneless rib eye.  Hard to tell from the photo, but it was really great.  Cooked to a perfect medium rare.

Mo you like some unique stuff.

LOL!  A friend asked if there was any type of food we didn't like.

I'll try just about anything, and sometimes even I'm surprised by what I like.

DH has gone from a pretty straight up meat and potatoes guy when I met him, to possibly a worse sushi addict than me, and someone that actually got excited when he saw steak tartare on the menu.

I'm a bad influence.  8)

I would love to go get sushi with you sometime......I rarely eat it anymore but I do enjoy it.  But that steak and the raw meat both look gross to me.  

You're on for sushi!  :)

The tartare is actually along the same lines - chopped up bits of raw protein marinated and mixed with a sauce.  It's actually how I got DH to try it in the first place.  The texture is very similar to the tuna in a spicy tuna roll.

But if you're not eating beef/meat in general, then yeah... it's not gonna be your cup of tea.

We eat very little red meat anymore.  This is probably the first steak we've had in months, but I have to say it was a pretty darned good one. Yachtsman has been our "go to" for good steak at WDW, but they changed up their menu and got rid of the 24oz Porterhouse we used to share for $50.  It's now a 32oz "Porterhouse for Two" for $110.  Um... no thank you.

My one complaints at Le Cellier was the service.  Our waitress was very nice, but it was ages after our appetizers that she came to tell us that the entree was delayed because our order had gotten behind a table of 10, and then she never bothered to come back and check on us after we got it to know that they messed up our order.  When I nicely told her "just so you know, they never brought the poutine, but it's ok because we had more than enough food anyway" she was just kind of "oops.. sorry."

Oh but plus for those interested... we ate at about 2:30 and there were a lot of empty tables.  While I couldn't get any dinner time availability, we got an ADR the afternoon before for the 2:30 slot, and a family of 4 walked up while we were waiting to be seated and was able to get in.