Frozen Holiday Wish... what time do we need to get there?

What time do you think we'd need to be near the castle to get a decent spot for the castle lighting? I don't care if we're "front row," but I'd like Z to be able to see the stage and characters.

I've heard the 6:15 one is easier to see than the one at 7:30 because more people head to the 7:30 to also stake out a parade/Wishes spot. 

And yes, this will be Christmas week. I'm insane. 

People start packing in around 530 for the first one. If you want a spot in the castle hub area, get there around then. By 6 it'll be packed tight. You will still be able to get a spot down Main Street but the viewing isn't very good. If you don't mind a different angle, stake out one of the bridges. They are not usually as packed as the hub. Everyone wants front and center.

The second showing isn't as bad as you think. Yes people are lining up for parade, but they have spots down ms and the hub isn't any worse than a normal night. More people hit the first show so they can get their spots for the parade.

Following up on what Devores said, you can see a bit from Main Street, but we stood about even with Casey's Corner and we couldn't see diddly.  The princesses are on the stage, and that's just too far back to see them.  We watched it another night from the bridge to Frontierland- that was better, but it was still too far away to see the actors very well.

What you need to ask yourself is whether it's worth 45 minutes to an hour of your time to see some bad acting and the lights turn on.

TCD

Following up on what Devores said, you can see a bit from Main Street, but we stood about even with Casey's Corner and we couldn't see diddly.  The princesses are on the stage, and that's just too far back to see them.  We watched it another night from the bridge to Frontierland- that was better, but it was still too far away to see the actors very well.

What you need to ask yourself is whether it's worth 45 minutes to an hour of your time to see some bad acting and the lights turn on.

TCD

If it were just me... no, but I have a certain 5 year old that will LOVE it. 

Second show I'd get there about 20 to 30 mins early. But remember, you're going Christmas week. Your mileage may vary.

Exactly... we'll see if it happens. We might have to stick to the first show because of FP+. I might not be able to move them all at this point.