Any Kingdom Keepers fans out there?

News from AllEars...

New York Times bestselling author Ridley Pearson will be at Walt Disney World April 4-5, 2011, to celebrate the launch of his newest book, Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play. Pearson will be signing the new book, along with all the books in the Kingdom Keepers series, at Once Upon a Toy  at Downtown Disney Marketplace, from 4 to 7 p.m. on April 4, the day before it goes into general release. Once Upon a Toy will begin selling Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play at 3 p.m. and will distribute wristbands to guests purchasing the book. A wristband from Once Upon A Toy will be required to meet Pearson. Wristband supplies are limited and not guaranteed. Once the wristbands have been distributed, the line to meet Ridley Pearson will close. Pearson will also be at The Writer's Stop in Disney's Hollywood Studios  the following day, April 5, from 2 to 5 p.m. The Writer's Stop will begin selling the newest Kingdom Keepers book when the park opens that morning, and will distribute wristbands to those who purchase it. Again, a wristband will be required to meet Ridley Pearson. For more details, click HERE.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/wdw_kingdomkeepersiv_event.html

http://allears.net/news/hnews.htm

I have been waiting for the April release, too.  You can now download the series on the Nook from B&N.  Sweet!

I have been waiting for the April release, too.  You can now download the series on the Nook from B&N.  Sweet!

Things I haven't thought of to look for on my Nook.....sounds like a plan for tomorrow  :banana:

Until the Nook color came out, Kingdom Keepers weren't available.  I guess B&N marketed the Nook to adults, and targeted the younger market for the Nook Color, so "children's books" were added to the ebook lineup.  I would periodically do a search on Ridley Pearson and one day - poof- there was a huge listing for Kingdom Keepers, the Peter Pan series - all his children's books.  So I downloaded book 3 in the series and now am waiting for book 4.  I saw the release date on the B&N computer about a month ago.

Jim I looked for it on my Nook last night and couldn't find it. Help! Please :rofl2:

Okay I just went into the shop function, ebooks, then did a search on Ridley Pearson and the first three listings that came up were the first three books in the Kingdom Keeper series.

From the Disney Parks blog...

Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play? Release Party at Walt Disney World

posted on March 31st, 2011 by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

Exciting news Kingdom Keepers Fans! The Disney saga continues in the upcoming novel, Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play. Of course, we had to commemorate the premiere of the new Disney novel in style, so we invited acclaimed author Ridley Pearson to Walt Disney World to celebrate the launch of his newest book.

'Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play' by Ridley Pearson

For those of you that are not familiar with the Kingdom Keepers series, here?s a quick synopsis for you: Kingdom Keepers follows five young teens tapped as models for theme park ?guides? and find themselves pitted against Disney villains and witches that threaten both the future of Walt Disney World and the stability of the world outside its walls. Using a cutting-edge technology called DHI ? which stands for both Disney Host Interactive and Daylight Hologram Imaging ? Finn Whitman, an Orlando teen, and four other kids are transformed into hologram projections that guide guests through the park. The new technology turns out, however, to have unexpected effects that are both thrilling and scary.

Don?t miss the opportunity to meet the acclaimed author of the Kingdom Keepers saga on April 4 & 5, 2011, at Downtown Disney Marketplace and Disney?s Hollywood Studios. To make this special event even more exciting, Walt Disney World has been given the honor of launching Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play before the national launch of the novel which means Walt Disney World Guests will have the opportunity to get the book the day before it officially releases!

During Ridley Pearson?s special appearances, he will be meeting and greeting Guests, signing copies of Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play, and even taking time to answer a few of your question about the Kingdom Keepers Series.

You can meet Ridley at the following Walt Disney World locations on April 4 & 5, 2011:

* Monday, April 4 , 2011, in Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney Marketplace: 4 ? 7 p.m.

* Tuesday, April 5, 2011, in The Writer?s Stop at Disney?s Hollywood Studios: 2 ? 5 p.m.

In addition to signing Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play, Ridley will also be signing all of the bestselling novels from the Kingdom Keepers series, Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark, Kingdom Keepers II: Disney At Dawn and Kingdom Keepers III: Disney In Shadow.

For more information on Ridley?s appearance and Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play, please visit ArtOfDisneyParks.com.

Friendly Disclaimer: On Monday, April 4, Once Upon a Toy will begin selling Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play at 3 p.m. Wristbands will be distributed to Guests with each purchase of Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play. A wristband from Once Upon A Toy is required to meet Ridley Pearson. A limited number of wristbands will be available the day of the signing. Wristband supplies are limited and not guaranteed. Once the wristbands have been distributed, the line to meet Ridley Pearson will close.

On Tuesday, April 5, Disney?s Hollywood Studios will begin selling Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play at park opening. Wristbands will be distributed to Guests with each purchase of Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play. A wristband from Disney?s Hollywood Studios is required to meet Ridley Pearson If you purchase Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play at a Disney owned and operated merchandise location, bring your book and Walt Disney World merchandise receipt to Disney?s Hollywood Studios to redeem a wristband while supplies last. A limited number of wristbands will be available the day of the signing. Wristband supplies are limited and not guaranteed. Once the wristbands have been distributed, the line to meet Ridley Pearson will close.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/03/kingdom-keepers-iv-power-play-release-party-at-walt-disney-world/

From Wikipedia...

The Kingdom Keepers is a series of novels for young readers, written by Ridley Pearson and published by Disney Hyperion. The first novel, Disney After Dark, was published in 2005, and the second, Disney at Dawn, was released on August 26, 2008,[1] and the third, Disney In Shadow was released on April 6, 2010. According to Pearson's blog, The Kingdom Keepers was submitted to Walt Disney Pictures for a film in August 2006 and was resubmitted again around July 2008. Pearson has announced that there will be several Kingdom Keepers books coming out sometime in the future with Power Play  being the most current as it will be released on April 5, 2011. The franchise also includes Kingdom Keepers Online, a collaborative online game.

http://www.thekingdomkeepers.com/

is this a childrens series book?

thanks for the info.

Technically, yes, but like the Harry Potter books, a lot of adults are reading them.

From the Disney Parks blog.  Follow the link for the video...

'Kingdom Keepers? Series Author Ridley Pearson visits Walt Disney World

posted on April 7th, 2011 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

You may have heard that the author of the Kingdom Keepers novels, Ridley Pearson, was visiting Walt Disney World this week to celebrate the release of his newest book, Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play. Well, while Ridley was in the Parks, he took a few minutes to make a special video for his fans here on the Disney Parks Blog.

Ridley shared a few details about Power Play and the books that are still to come in the Kingdom Keepers series. And during our conversation, a couple familiar faces around the Parks stopped by for a visit. Check it out.

In the video, Ridley mentions the Kingdom Keepers Quest ? a new Disney Youth Programs self-guided tour for school groups. Using the Kingdom Keepers novels as a guide, students move from attraction to attraction at the Magic Kingdom. They solve puzzles and test their math and language art skills, supporting the Kingdom Keepers efforts to hold back the Overtakers.

Starting in May, you can book the Kingdom Keepers Quest for Fall 2011. Keep watching DisneyYouthTickets.com for more information.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/kingdom-keepers-series-author-ridley-pearson-visits-walt-disney-world/

Newest Kingdom Keeper showed up on my Nook last night for $9.99.  The others are $7.19, so I am going to hold off until the price comes down.  I am in the middle of Bram Stoker's Dracula right now anyway.