Rumor: Indiana Jones Reboot

From Deadline Hollywood...

Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival
by Mike Fleming Jr January 27, 2015 11:30am

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s one from the helluva good idea department. Marvel offerings are soaring, and Star Wars  is being reinvigorated by director JJ Abrams. Now, Disney has just started to turn its attention to reviving the Indiana

Jones franchise after buying the rights from Paramount in 2013. I’m cautioned that while things are very early, I hear the studio has set its sights on Chris Pratt as the swashbuckling archaeologist they hope to build the new franchise around, the role made famous by Harrison Ford in Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

Pratt jumped to leading-man movie status with his performance in last year’s blockbuster Guardians Of The Galaxy for Marvel and Disney. He starts The Magnificent Seven with Denzel Washington and director Antoine Fuqua in April for MGM and Sony, and there’s the inevitable Guardians Of The Galaxy sequel. Disney won’t comment and all this is admittedly early, so let’s chalk it up as a dishy informed rumor for now and keep an eye on it.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/chris-pratt-indiana-jones-guardians-of-the-galaxy-disney-1201360637/

• 4 months later...

From WDW News Today...

RUMOR: New “Indiana Jones” Film Coming In 2018

For a few months there have been rumors that Lucasfilm is ready to bring back Indiana Jones to the big screen, but now Ain’t It Cool News is reporting that we can expect to see the next Indiana Jones movie in the last quarter of 2018.

From Ain’t It Cool News:

"What Harry heard was that internally at Lucasfilm they have finally dated a new Indiana Jones film, penciling in December 2018.

I asked some friendly spies in and around Lucasfilm for confirmation and didn’t get it, but also didn’t get a denial, either. As with any early rumor take this with a grain of salt, but it makes sense to me even though Indy has traditionally been a summer release franchise.

The rumors have been all over the place with Chris Pratt said to have been hand picked by Spielberg to take over the fedora (even though Pratt denied it), but no matter what we know that Lucasfilm will be making more Indiana Jones movies. There’s too much money in the franchise. Kathy Kennedy herself said as much."

I think Lucasfilm’s main concern right now is just getting “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” out the door. Lucasfilm knows that the Indian Jones franchise has always been a hot property and I think it helps that “Jurassic World” has been so successful at the box office. On top of that, the star of that film and “Guardians Of The Galaxy” is by far the fans’ front runner as the next actor to portray Indiana Jones.

What Harry heard was that internally at Lucasfilm they have finally dated a new Indiana Jones film, penciling in December 2018.
I asked some friendly spies in and around Lucasfilm for confirmation and didn’t get it, but also didn’t get a denial, either. As with any early rumor take this with a grain of salt, but it makes sense to me even though Indy has traditionally been a summer release franchise.

The rumors have been all over the place with Chris Pratt said to have been hand picked by Spielberg to take over the fedora (even though Pratt denied it), but no matter what we know that Lucasfilm will be making more Indiana Jones movies. There’s too much money in the franchise. Kathy Kennedy herself said as much.

But dont count Harrison Ford out just yet. I have heard that in order to get Ford to sign on to “Episode VII,” Ford wanted a guarantee from Disney that he would play Indy one more time. Most people wanted to see Indy go out an a high note and even Ford knows that “Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull” was far from a high note.

This is just speculation on my part but they could bring in Chris Pratt to play Indy’s son, who was  played by Shia Lebeouf in “The Crystal Skull” (no way is Shia coming back). Then Indy could hand off the mantle to his son and he becomes the new Indy. Or they could just go the James Bond route and just have another actor play him ever few years.

One thing is for sure, we will see Indiana Jones again. It’s just to valuable of a property to just ignore.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/06/rumor-new-indiana-jones-film-coming-in-2018/