I don't know if you're aware, but they cancelled the traditional fall Festival of the Masters this past year because of the big construction project going on at Downtown Disney: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/08/festival-of-the-masters-update/

The Car Masters Weekend still shows up on the Disney Site for June, 2015, but it's odd that they don't state the dates: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/downtown-disney/car-masters-weekend/

I wonder if construction will lead them to cancel it as well?

The tent and pop-up sites are on the 1500 and 2000 loops, which are not designated pet loops.  Can you bring your dogs?  Probably- I've seen dogs on those loops every time I've been at the Fort. The rules pertaining to where pets are allowed at the Fort are not clearly stated anywhere.  The problem with that is you never know when they might decide to enforce rules that they haven't enforced before.  You'd be safer to keep trying for a pet friendly site.

TCD

And in theory, the 1500/2000 partial loops are only for tents and pop ups.

But as TCD just stated you never know when and what rules the Fort will decide to enforce or let slide.

I have seen some small travel trailers in the 1500 loop.

So this is weird.

Just to make sure there wasn't anything new on the Disney site, I googled "Fort Wilderness Pet Policy," and ended up on an official Disney FAQ page, where I found this:

fw%20pet%20faq_zpsativa1av.jpg

I have never seen a way to book a pet friendly campsite on-line before.  But according to this, you can: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/rooms-packages/camping-pet-friendly/

Oh, and this clearly says no pets in pop-up trailers or tents.  That's an old rule that went away for a while, but it looks like it's back now?

TCD

Well, this is classic.

As I said, I've never seen a place where you can indicate on an on-line reservation that you want a pet friendly site.

So, I just went through the process of booking a reservation to see if I could do what the Disney site says I can.

Yes, there's an "Add" button.

But, click on it, and here's what you get:

amenity%20request_zps1ykm72vj.jpg

There is no option provided to click for a pet friendly site.  Just to be sure, I checked for all site levels- partial through premium.

Idiots.

TCD

Hi~

I was wondering if any of you had some inside information on the dates for the DTD Car Masters weekend?  Also, we have a small trailer and are looking to book for July 4th and only the tent/pop-up is available.  Can we still bring our dogs?

Thanks in Advance!

Maryann

Usually the Car Masters Weekend is held on Father's Day weekend.  We go every year and then have lunch at one of the resorts.  Last year, the traffic was bad due to the construction, but we parked at Port Orleans and took a boat.  I assume it will be held this year, but who knows at this point.

Well, this is classic.

As I said, I've never seen a place where you can indicate on an on-line reservation that you want a pet friendly site.

So, I just went through the process of booking a reservation to see if I could do what the Disney site says I can.

Yes, there's an "Add" button.

But, click on it, and here's what you get:

amenity%20request_zps1ykm72vj.jpg

There is no option provided to click for a pet friendly site.  Just to be sure, I checked for all site levels- partial through premium.

Idiots.

TCD

Wasn't there a way to add an amenity request?  There usually is, IIRC.

Wasn't there a way to add an amenity request?  There usually is, IIRC.

That screen shot is the page that is displayed after you click on the Add button provided beneath this language on the previous page:

Room and Amenity Requests

Click "Add" to make room and amenity requests.

Please note that we will do our best to accommodate your requests; however, requests cannot be guaranteed.

Add

When you Click on Add- you go to that page, and those are the only options offered.

TCD

That screen shot is the page that is displayed after you click on the Add button provided beneath this language on the previous page:

Room and Amenity Requests

Click "Add" to make room and amenity requests.

Please note that we will do our best to accommodate your requests; however, requests cannot be guaranteed.

Add

When you Click on Add- you go to that page, and those are the only options offered.

TCD

I thought on the page you posted there used to be a means to add amenity requests, under the heading "Amenity Requests".  Looks like their changes in the IT workforce are having a great effect.   :huh:

I thought on the page you posted there used to be a means to add amenity requests, under the heading "Amenity Requests".  Looks like their changes in the IT workforce are having a great effect.   :huh:

Their website has been a big ball of inconsistencies and contradictions since forever.

It's actually gotten better in recent years, but there still seem to be a lack of overall QA when it comes to content.