We'll likely be heading to the AKL after visiting AK in April. We'll also be with my friend Elena's family, so there will be 8 of us (1 Grandpa, 4 parents, a teen, and 2 six year old boys. 

So where should we eat? I'm guessing Boma, but just making sure. 

Any other info or tips? None of us have ever been to AKL. 

Sanna is nice for the savannah views and the food is interesting but keep in mind it is over at Kidani not at the main Lodge. Boma was really good for dinner. It is definitely on the list for Sil and I to do again.

I feel like Sanaaa is a more "adult" place. Am I wrong? I figure Boma has something for everyone.

Since you've never been to AKL, it has to be Boma.

The lobby and other facilities at Jambo House are so much more impressive than they are at Kidani Village.  Kidani Village is really nice, but the lobby is much smaller and nowhere near as majestic as Jambo House.

Jason made a good point that you can't see the Savanna from Boma, but you can tour the resort a bit before you go to the restaurant.

I was also going to suggest Boma because of the activities they have there, which you might be able to enjoy before or after your meal, but when I checked the schedule, I see that they also have a bunch of activities at Kidani Village.

Here's a screen cap of an AKL activity guide:

AKL%20activities_zpsw4nkf6oa.jpg

I found a complete current activities guide here: http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/AKLCalendar.pdf

We have been fortunate to have stayed at AKL several times.  These activities are not limited to resort guests.  The activities with a Cultural Representative are fun and educational.  The animal viewing with night vision goggles is also really cool. Try to catch one of  the activities when you visit.

TCD

This thread just caught my eye and I thought I'd chime in too.  As much as we really love Sanaa, I think for your group I'd agree with the others and say Boma.  A buffet seems easier for everyone to find a few things that suit them and with the big group with a wide variety of ages, that seems like a good idea.  But make sure to do like TCD said and try to check out some of the resort activities while you're there.  AKL is just gorgeous!  Watching the savannah is fun too, especially if you can get some of those night vision goggles.  The kids will love it but the adults will too!