So, I've decided that I should either go into RV sales or Tom and I should open up our own dealership.  Please help me understand... what's up with sales personnel not knowing their product and where the Fort is the customer service??  :blowup:

I was once told by a very good salesman that the trick is you don't sell the product, you sell yourself.  The product is always second because people can usually find the same thing elswhere.  Most dealers try to hire sales people with sales experience, not RV experience because it is a business and not a hobby..

I was once told by a very good salesman that the trick is you don't sell the product, you sell yourself.  The product is always second because people can usually find the same thing elswhere.  Most dealers try to hire sales people with sales experience, not RV experience because it is a business and not a hobby..

I agree with that... you can be a very good salesperson if you are able to sell yourself; it's the great salespeople who excel and actually have expertise in their industry.  That type of salesperson is, I fear, a part of the past.   

Your not the only person who has thought about getting a business in this field.  I have often stayed in campgrounds and thought that I could do a better job.  I've even stayed in States and wondered if anyone in the state knew how to run a campground.  Or I've stayed in Campgrounds that I've loved and could see myself staying there for ever.  Unfortunately, I can't afford to full time at the Fort.