We are dreaming about our next rv and a toy hauler keeps coming to the surface on our list.  We currently have a Jayco Travel Trailer, but do not have a good way to carry paddleboards, kayaks and hopefully in the future a golf cart.  Also I am not able to carry a golf cart in the back of my 2013 F250 Crew Cab truck either since the bed is a short bed. 

Anyone have a toy hauler that they use to only carry a golf cart/bunk room and keep the length under 37' total length?  We would not fill with fuel nor do I see ourselves dry camping so would not need a generator.   Also many of the ones we have seen online such as the Heartland Cyclone and a Prime Time Spartan have the option for a patio deck.  Does anyone have experience with that option?  Is it worth it? 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

We had a friend buy one with the patio deck on the back and said they wouldn't do it again. They said they never used it. And if they had to back into a small site and there was a tree or other obstacle they couldn't use it. But when they bring it to the lake it's pretty cool because the sites back up to the water.

We have a 40' triple slide TH'er. I carry a golf cart, bike, dirtbikes, etc. We just returned from the Fort with it. Once we unload the back I put down a rug and chairs/bean bags. My kids use it as a separate room. We have a mini fridge back there too. It works really well.

The patio is not something that I find useful. We sit to the side under the big awning.

We like the set up. It is big and heavy, but it's nice to have the room.

We had a friend buy one with the patio deck on the back and said they wouldn't do it again. They said they never used it. And if they had to back into a small site and there was a tree or other obstacle they couldn't use it. But when they bring it to the lake it's pretty cool because the sites back up to the water.

That is what I figured unless you were near the water. 

We have a 40' triple slide TH'er. I carry a golf cart, bike, dirtbikes, etc. We just returned from the Fort with it. Once we unload the back I put down a rug and chairs/bean bags. My kids use it as a separate room. We have a mini fridge back there too. It works really well.

The patio is not something that I find useful. We sit to the side under the big awning.

We like the set up. It is big and heavy, but it's nice to have the room.

That would be the goal to haul the golf cart then it would be our daughters big room. As for the patio that is what I thought.  Just curious what do you do with clothes for the kids in the back garage area?  Most TH I have seen do not have any form of closet or dresser.  Also what do you tow your TH with?  How heavy is it?

They use some of the cabinets that are in the elevated bed area above the garage and also leave 2 suitcases in the garage. Our camper weighs in around 16k depending on load. I pull it with a F350 dually. I had a F250, but it wasn't nearly enough truck.

Thanks.  We are looking at ones around 12K dry weight.  I have an F250 and should be ok as long as I do not go above 15K loaded. 

Yeah if you could keep the pin weight below 3k that would be good. My pin can be as heavy as 3800 lbs if I'm not hauling cargo. I tried air bags, but I just had too much tire squirm to be comfortable.

I did add a Trail Air equa flex suspension and a 5th Airborne pin box. Those two really helped with the towing ride.

BTW, if you are going to be towing with a short bed I highly recommend a Sidewinder pin box. I opted for the air ride sidewinder when I still had the F250. This allowed me to not worry about the hitting the cab at all. I tried the Pulrite auto slider hitch first, but it would not give enough clearance for a 102" wide body 5'er.

BTW, if you are going to be towing with a short bed I highly recommend a Sidewinder pin box. I opted for the air ride sidewinder when I still had the F250. This allowed me to not worry about the hitting the cab at all. I tried the Pulrite auto slider hitch first, but it would not give enough clearance for a 102" wide body 5'er.

Yeah if you could keep the pin weight below 3k that would be good. My pin can be as heavy as 3800 lbs if I'm not hauling cargo. I tried air bags, but I just had too much tire squirm to be comfortable.

I did add a Trail Air equa flex suspension and a 5th Airborne pin box. Those two really helped with the towing ride.

Great advice.  Thanks.

Our toy hauler is 36'total length. Toy haulers are really nice for carrying everything. We haul a golf cart in ours. But you can haul a golf cart in a short bed with the tailgate down. Equalizer makes a extended hitch to do just this.

We had a bigger toy hauler and I downsized a little which made the towing experience less tiring.

We currently have a 37.5' keystone fuzion toy hauler. We use it to tow either 2 motorcycles or our golf cart depending where we are headed. Decided against the patio set up after talking to the sales rep about the set up and take down of it when loading the bikes or golf cart into the garage.

Thanks to all who have repsonded.  It sounds like a Toy Hauler is well worth it if we want to haul a golf cart and still have bunks while our teen daughter still camps with us.  Also it appears that the patio option is not worth it.  Great to know from those who have already been there.

Every trailer we have had has been a toyhauler. I hate the weight with the bigger units. Our last toyhauler was 35ft and 11000 pounds. It actually made us go less places. I have always found that bigger is not always better. Our current toyhauler is an open front deck. It's actually our third front deck toyhauler. We actually prefer it since the toys are never brought into the living area. We can now haul fire wood, fire pits, bikes, golf carts, etc

Every trailer we have had has been a toyhauler. I hate the weight with the bigger units. Our last toyhauler was 35ft and 11000 pounds. It actually made us go less places. I have always found that bigger is not always better. Our current toyhauler is an open front deck. It's actually our third front deck toyhauler. We actually prefer it since the toys are never brought into the living area. We can now haul fire wood, fire pits, bikes, golf carts, etc

So are you at 5 toy haulers now?