Orlando S.E. / Lake Whippoorwill KOA?

Anybody stay there??

The pictures look nice, and I may have time to drop by and check it out tomorrow

I'm heading home next week, but have to be back down here in a couple of weeks, and I'm sooooo over hotels.

The Fort is not available, and even if it was, it's higher than per diem, and a bit much of a drive every day.

My next trip is less work intensive and more meeting intensive, so won't need a dual monitor setup for work in the evenings, can manage with just the laptop

.....and since I should be camping at DeSoto the weekend before, thinking I could just hitch up and keep driving South on Sunday morning.

Anybody stay there??

The pictures look nice, and I may have time to drop by and check it out tomorrow

I'm heading home next week, but have to be back down here in a couple of weeks, and I'm sooooo over hotels.

The Fort is not available, and even if it was, it's higher than per diem, and a bit much of a drive every day.

My next trip is less work intensive and more meeting intensive, so won't need a dual monitor setup for work in the evenings, can manage with just the laptop

.....and since I should be camping at DeSoto the weekend before, thinking I could just hitch up and keep driving South on Sunday morning.

I don't know anything about the KOA, but I like the part in purple!

If you stay there... please let us know what you think.  I would venture to guess that most of us would like to find a Fort... part 2.  Not that I think the KOA will be it but hey... you never know!

I was looking at Passport America's website the other day and came across this place: http://www.rentwithoro.com/

The sites are VERY bare (nothing more than a parking space) but if you needed a quick place to park your rig (and were only planning to sleep there), then the PA rate is very cheap. What I found funny, is it says this:   Outdoor Resorts at Orlando is a 55+ Community.  We welcome all age  groups, however the length of stay may be limited by your age.

So I guess they will rent to families, which must thrill those guest who really wanted a "kid-free" place to stay (I know you all don't bring kiddos with you, but other Fiends might be interested :) ).  Then again...the pictures do show pretty bare spaces, so I'm not sure how much time you'd want to spend and hang out.  Part of what we love about the Fort, is simply sitting down and people watching; don't think there would be much of that at this place but again.... PA rate is cheap!