Most new campers come with a bypass now. When it finally arrives, during the PDI just ask them. Most also come with a tube for the antifreeze now and shut off valves there as well, so you don't have to pour the antifreeze in your fresh water tank and pump it through that way.

Best Regards,

Norm

Most new campers come with a bypass now. When it finally arrives, during the PDI just ask them. Most also come with a tube for the antifreeze now and shut off valves there as well, so you don't have to pour the antifreeze in your fresh water tank and pump it through that way.

Best Regards,

Norm

Thank you...

I never put the pink stuff in my water lines, only down the drains, I use my air compressor to blow out the water lines. Have done it this way for 30+ years now without a problem. Oh and we never drain the water heater all season as we use it a lot.

I don't use the pink stuff in the water lines either. I add it to the drains and add some to the toilet bowl to keep the seals covered. In addition to blowing out the lines I also make sure the pump and pump screen are free of water.

If someone has put pink stuff in the water heater my guess is the best way to flush it will be removing the drain plug to let it drain fill with fresh water then drain again. Repeat until water runs clear.

If someone has put pink stuff in the water heater my guess is the best way to flush it will be removing the drain plug to let it drain fill with fresh water then drain again. Repeat until water runs clear.

That is the way to clear it.

Pink stuff will not harm the water heater, it just takes a lot of $3.99 a gallon pink stuff to fill it.