Does anyone know what is going on that there are no reservations at the Fort for the first week of December? We go every year at this time, sometimes the beginning of the second week. But this year my TA can't get reservations. Theast time this happened was when they were redoing all the loops. Any ideas or suggestions?

For giggles I just did a few searches online between 11/30-12/18.  The date ranges I put in that included weekends only turned up Tent sites.

I'm seeing a Full Hookup available 11/30-12/04, but if I add the weekend on it goes back to only Tent sites.

Similarly, everything but Preferred is available 12/07-12/11, but again, if I add the weekend it's back to Tent sites only.

So.... it sounds like it's the same issue we've been seeing for a while now of the weekends booking up way far in advance.

Doesn't mean something won't open up as the dates get closer.  I'd say grab the dates you can and have your TA keep trying for the rest and piece it all together if you have to.

@Brady...... II did the same at 2 am this morning. Gave me dates 12/6-12/15. I didn't book it cuz I am a little lery of the Ft's wifi. It also was like buying something with a shopping cart and everything. So this morning 8 hours later. It wasn't there. This is crazy that people are "holding" dates. Must be TAs who need it for people who want to come on the weekend for MVMCP. How can you make plans?

I don't know that it's necessarily lots of people "holding" dates.  The Fort is super busy on the weekends just about all year round these days.  You'll see a lot of FL plates on the weekends, and presumably the local people know how busy it is and book their weekends in advance.  We were there for 3 weeks in November and had one completely dead week (Mon-Fri) in there, but every single weekend was chock full.

These days the best thing to do is book as early as you possibly can - especially during busier times of the year.  At the Fort that's Spring Break, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and now pretty much all of December.  This year Halloween 2015 started booking up shortly after Halloween 2014.

You could still luck into a cancellation.  If you've got a TA on the case, they should be able to help you out by grabbing the dates that are available now and checking for you frequently for the rest.   You do need to grab the dates when you see them, as they could be gone even hours later.

Must be TAs who need it for people who want to come on the weekend for MVMCP. How can you make plans?

Doubt TAs are holding sites that rumor got nixed along time ago. This place fills up on weekends with locals especially around holidays. They have probably already made tentative ressies.

Okay all I gave my TA all the suggestions everyone gave. She was able to get 12/7-11/15. I will take what I can get. Other than the year they redid all the loops,about 6 or 7 yrs ago, I have always been lucky. December is a long way off. So I know a lot can happen. Thank you everyone and we will see you in December. We are checking out tomorrow