One of the things we want to do during our June trip we want to spend some time exploring the boardwalk resorts.  I have a few questions, though.

1.  What resorts are collectively referred to as "boardwalk"?

2.  I assume the best way to get there from the Fort is to take a bus to one of the parks and then take a bus to the starting resort?

3.  I've heard there's a back entrance to Epcot.  Do you have to be staying at the Swan and Dolphin to use it?

4.  Any tips on what to see at these resorts?

Okay, I am sure there are people way more qualified than i to answer these questions.  But if i wanted to get to the Boardwalk area from FW, I would take a bus to DHS and then walk or take a boat to the Boardwalk area.  (I almost always take a boat, if that is an option.  LOL)

Here is the Disney page about the area: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/boardwalk/

Anyone can use the "back" entrance to Epcot.  You come in by the International Gateway.

I know that Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Yacht & Beach Club are all there together.  You can walk to Epcot from these places - you enter at the International Gateway between England and France.  

From the Fort, we took a bus to Epcot and walked around a while- then a boat to Hollywood Studios (from Epcot) for the kids to meet some friends, then to the Boardwalk for some exploring, then the boat back to Epcot, and a bus to the Fort.  It makes for a nice break in the middle of the day.

I know that Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Yacht & Beach Club are all there together.  You can walk to Epcot from these places - you enter at the International Gateway between England and France. 

Yep - plus the Boardwalk Resort itself, which includes a bunch of restaurants/shops.

To get there I'd either do as Marty suggested, or take the boat to MK and bus from there to any of those resorts.

You can also do the 2 bus shuffle and go to DTD and then switch buses to one of the resorts, but with all the hubbub at DTD these days, personally I'd skip that option.

1. IIRC. Disney refers to them as the Epcot area resorts.

These are the ones I would consider the Boardwalk area hotels.

Boardwalk Inn

Boardwalk Villas

Yacht Club

Beach Club

Beach Club Villas

Swan

Dolphin

Caribbean Beach Resort (not in walking distance from Boardwalk area)

2. There are probably a dozen different combinations of how you can get to Boardwalk Area.

I like Marty's plan. But I'd change it just a little. Bus to DHS and then take the boat to Swan/Dolphin. Then you can check out the

swan and dolphin and then walk to Boardwalk. The boat leaves DHS and stops at the swan and dolphin (they share a dock) then goes to boardwalk. Then goes to Yacht/Beach Club and then to the International Gate.

3. I believe its called the International gateway and as others have said. It's between England and France. On the English side of the bridge. Anyone can use it. You just have to a valid park admission.

4. Go by the Beach/Yacht Club swimming pool. You won't be allowed in to the pool but you can sit at the poolside restaurant, Hurricane Hanna's. Great drinks and food.

Go to Beaches and Cream Soda Shop. And treat yourself to some ice cream. They also have good burgers.

I'd say just walk thru the resorts they're all beautiful.

Take a ride on a surrey bike. They will give you a workout.

There's lots of shopping and dining there. And some street performers but I don't know their schedule.