Help with a specific site recommendation

Hi all, I have read through as much as I can on this site to gather as much info as I can, but I was hoping somebody could help with a specific request. I know that it's wishful thinking to expect a specific site even if you fax it in, but maybe if I ask to not be assigned a particular site they will honor that request? We are first time visitors and will be renting a popup and putting a tent out, and we are in a preferred loop. I don't think we will be able to drive around and switch sites because we're renting a popup from Fort Camper Rental and I believe they will already be there and set up ahead of time. Here's what is important to us, and given these things, are there any specific sites that you would say stay away from? 

(1) Some foliage between us and our neighbors would be nice. We usually go to Juniper Springs in Ocala, and I know not to expect that kind of privacy, but I also don't want to be able to watch the neighbors' TV from my spot. 

(2) We love dogs, but we're leaving ours at home and don't want to hear barking dogs all night/early morning. If we go to the 300 loop (I know the outside sites starting around 336-342 come recommended), are we pretty much guaranteeing ourselves a canine chorus? We were in the pet loop at Ft. Desoto Campgrounds once and had a really unpleasant experience with barking dogs. 

(3) We don't want to hear the buses all night if possible, or have headlights rake over our sight all night long.

(4) We'd like some room for a fairly large tent. It looks like some of the sites don't really have a whole lot of sand area. 

With that in mind, does anyone have any insight or tips/tricks they can offer for specific sites to request versus specific sites to avoid. I've already made note of sites 101, 110, 236, 237, 329, 356, 357 and 359 as non-desirable based on some of the posts I've read here. 

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and for any help. 

...If we go to the 300 loop (I know the outside sites starting around 336-342 come recommended), are we pretty much guaranteeing ourselves a canine chorus?

We stay in 300 most trips for 3 weeks at a whack, and it's been super rare that we've encountered a barking dog issue, even when the loop was very full.

Of course people are people and your mileage may vary.

If you have a large tent, you might want to go with a popup loop, 2000 or 1600 to get a larger sand pad. 2000 shoudl be quite.

Also, all loops can/will be pet loops.

I assume that your reference to 1600 is a typo, and you meant 1500.

The problem with 1500 and 2000 for this Fiend is that the pop-up will need to go on the sand pad, as the concrete in these sites is only big enough for a car to park.  On most of the sites, there won't be room for a big tent.

And the 2000 loop isn't the best loop for anyone looking for quiet.

TCD

ups, 1500 not 1600.

I found the 2000 loop quite as along as you didn't back up to the road.

I missed the part about renting from "Fort Camper Rental". My popup is small enough (8ft box) that I turn it sideways in some sites and the stabs are still on the concreat. But I have also sceen 10ft boxes do the same thing since the stabs are usualy mounted inboard they are usualy just under 8ft appart.  Fort Camper Rental units are big/ heavy and I don't think they would push it sideways.

I would send them your popup and tent sizes, request a quite site away from dogs, and are willing to change loops types.

I found the 2000 loop quite as along as you didn't back up to the road.

You must not have been there for a holiday weekend. Or any weekend, for that matter.

I missed the part about renting from "Fort Camper Rental". My popup is small enough (8ft box) that I turn it sideways in some sites and the stabs are still on the concreat. But I have also sceen 10ft boxes do the same thing since the stabs are usualy mounted inboard they are usualy just under 8ft appart.  Fort Camper Rental units are big/ heavy and I don't think they would push it sideways.

The problem with setting up the camper sideways like that is that if you put the tent behind it, the people in the tent will have to walk all the way around the camper, and way off the pad, to get to the tent.

TCD

We have stayed in 300 several times (356 being our fav! LOL) and have never had a "canine chorus", except perhaps during the fireworks... but you ain't gonna sleep through that anyhow! I would think any site in 200 or 300, on the inside of the loop (less headlights) and mid-way around (quiet) would be the ticket. Of course, inside means closer neighbors. I've never felt like I was sharing my patio with the neighbors at the Fort, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your help. I will just let them know what we're looking for and cross my fingers. Sometimes I have a tendency to overthink my vacation plans and try to control everything. We wanted to stay at the preferred loops because the kids thought it was so cool that we can walk to the MK boat from our campsite, so I put that above everything else for this trip. Thanks again for your thoughts. 

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with TCD.  We have stayed in both 100 and 200 loops.  We really liked 219 since it was pretty close to the walking path down to the marina.  It wasn't as loud as the 100 loop either.  You can almost hear "All to shore that's going ashore" from the 100's...

Thanks to all again. I sent in the fax and asked for something on the outside of 200, and mentioned 219 as my first choice. I actually got 219 and it was a great site. It was awesome having nobody behind us and the kids loved it.  Again, I wanted to thank everybody for their input,we had an awesome first trip (the kids were actually crying when we had to leave so you know we did something right) and I appreciate all the wisdom that you all put out on this forum. 

Thanks to all again. I sent in the fax and asked for something on the outside of 200, and mentioned 219 as my first choice. I actually got 219 and it was a great site. It was awesome having nobody behind us and the kids loved it.  Again, I wanted to thank everybody for their input,we had an awesome first trip (the kids were actually crying when we had to leave so you know we did something right) and I appreciate all the wisdom that you all put out on this forum. 

Wow...that's great.  Glad you and your family had a great time.  Time to plan trip #2?

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it all worked out.

Too many times, newbies pop in here, ask a bunch of questions, and then we never hear how awesome their trip turned out.

You should feel free to jump in and answer questions on other threads- you probably have information that would be helpful to others planning trips.

TCD

I'm so glad you had a great trip!  You should start a trip report and share some pictures.  you don't have to try to compete with the other TR writers.  Just show some pictures and tell your favorite and least favorite parts of your vacay.

If nothing else, it gives the folks at home something to dream about while waiting to plan their next vacation. :)