Does anyone have any suggestions on the most economical (and safe) long term parking option at Orlando International Airport?

I know a guy who is catching a flight from there and needs to leave his car for 10 days.  It looks like the airport's long term lot is $10 a day, but there appear to be private lots close by which are cheaper.  Can anyone recommend one?

TCD

I've seen quite a few on McCoy Rd just N of the Beachline.  One of them has covered slots and it's usually pretty full.  Based on how many people use it and how long it's been there I would "guess" it's trustworthy.

But it wasn't too long ago that people came back to one of those nearby lots and the place had gone out of business and the gates were locked with their cars inside.

I've seen quite a few on McCoy Rd just N of the Beachline.  One of them has covered slots and it's usually pretty full.  Based on how many people use it and how long it's been there I would "guess" it's trustworthy.

But it wasn't too long ago that people came back to one of those nearby lots and the place had gone out of business and the gates were locked with their cars inside.

OK, well we will need to scratch that second place off of the list.   Any idea on the name of the one with covered spaces?  Is it the Parking Spot?

TCD

OK, well we will need to scratch that second place off of the list.   Any idea on the name of the one with covered spaces?  Is it the Parking Spot?

TCD

That sounds familiar, but when I look at the Google StreetView (which may be outdated) it says fastparkandrelax.com.  There is a payless car rental next door that has parking and valet parking. These are right on the curve where frontage turns into McCoy right by the beachline toll booth.

I would honestly recommend the Parking Spot for their quickness of shuttles.  A few years ago, I used MCO long term parking for a work trip in the middle of vacation, and it took FOREVER for the long term shuttle to get there. I saw TONS of Parking Spot buses come and go while I was waiting. The only convenience of MCO parking is that you can use your SunPass to pay.

You also might look into a Park and Ride hotel nearby. For 10 days, you might have a better deal. Hotel the night before, then parking while you are gone, then pickup when you get back. Don't know when the flight out is, but it might work.

You also might look into a Park and Ride hotel nearby. For 10 days, you might have a better deal. Hotel the night before, then parking while you are gone, then pickup when you get back. Don't know when the flight out is, but it might work.

Agree X2. We've never parked at MCO but when travel and are going to be gone for 7+'days we always stay at a airport hotel here in okc the night before. Especially if we have a early flight. And on longer trips it's usually it's cheaper than long term parking.

Thanks Carol and Ray. My fried will need to do some number crunching on the hotel idea- the flight out isn't until night, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend the night before in the hotel.

TCD

How far does he live from the airport?

If he doesn't live close and has a late flight back he can stay in a hotel when returns.

As long as you either stay the night before or the night after your trip the hotel will let you park.