• 7 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my shirt didn't make it a year. I pulled it out of the drawer tonight to wear to work for OT and noticed the collar is pulling apart at the seam. I've only worn it 20 times maybe. I don't know what to do with it now, maybe I'll just use it to wear around the house.

Best Regards,

Norm

That stinks, Norm.  Honestly, I'd pop a note to Disney.  I've hardly worn mine - partly because I'm afraid it is going to fall apart (how sad is that).

On the flipside, I was cleaning out some clothes the other day and ran across my t-shirt from the 2000 celebration at Epcot.  It's faded and worn a wee bit around the collar, but it's 15 years old and has been worn and washed a TON, and is still in good shape.

More and more of their t-shirts - especially these "special edition" ones - are being made from this same flimsy material, and it's pretty lousy that they don't hold up to normal wear. I don't think it's just that the material is thin, I just think it's crappy material.  I have a 5-6 year old AK shirt that is equally thin, but it's held up to tons of wear/washing.  It's really faded at this point, and pretty stretched out, but it's only got one tiny hole in it - otherwise it's intact.  It's actually held up better than I ever expected, given how thin it is.

Disney supposedly backs up the quality of their merchandise - let them know. Best case they send you a new shirt. Worst case, maybe if they get enough complaints they'll change the material.

I would, but who do you think I should email, Disneystore.com? I have old shirts I still wear all the time. I have one from the quad nationals at Daniel Boone National Forest from 1999 that is wearing great. My buddy always laughs at me and can't believe I still have it.

Best Regards,

Norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't get a new one, can your wife or someone you know sew? You could make it into a pillow for the camper?

Yes, I already thought of that idea. It will be around somewhere at least, just not around my neck. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk