18 gallon from camping world. It is possible to lift into the truck bed. We have been to some CG'S where the dump station is a mile or so up the road. Those waste tanks wheels don't like much over 5mph before they start to wear fast or fall off/apart. We don't dump black into ours (we don't fill black quickly anyway). Over a 5 day period we may dump 2 times if using the water frequently.

While your looking I to it, check camping world for a 45 gallon portable water bladder. Really handy when your site doesn't have water hookup but there is a fill somewhere close or in the park. This complements the waste tank well. The bladder folds up to be pretty small.

With both of those, your options on available camping sites and CG's can go up because you have a way to transport bulk fluids without hooking up and moving the camper.

I know your not a fan of camping world but that is the only place I have found the water bladder.

Good luck

I have a 27-gallon Thetford, affectionately known as the poop-wagon. It hooks to the hitch, but you've gotta drive SLOW. Has a gauge to let you know it's time to close the valve. Think about where you're going to stow it, they're big.

Forgot about the stowing. They are big regardless of what size you get. I wouldn't recommend stowing inside the camper but that is just my preference on something like that.

We bought a "hook" for ours that we used to hang it off of our ladder on the travel trailer, but now that we have the highfalutin diesel pusher the wife won't allow me to strap it on the back (?!). I wish that I'd have never used it for black, it never really seems to get quite clean now, and the only place I have to store it is in a basement (or in the wife's hatchback!).

Hmmm... good thought about storage.  I guess I could keep in the garage.  Also, good tip on not using it for black.  We typically camp with full hook-ups, but one of the parks we really like does not have them so we need to be able to dump if we're going to do showers/baths and wash dishes on a stay longer than 48 hours.  I think we can manage on the black tank though... so I'll make sure we don't use it for that.

Not over 5mph... I'll remember that too.

18 gallon from camping world. It is possible to lift into the truck bed. We have been to some CG'S where the dump station is a mile or so up the road. Those waste tanks wheels don't like much over 5mph before they start to wear fast or fall off/apart. We don't dump black into ours (we don't fill black quickly anyway). Over a 5 day period we may dump 2 times if using the water frequently.

While your looking I to it, check camping world for a 45 gallon portable water bladder. Really handy when your site doesn't have water hookup but there is a fill somewhere close or in the park. This complements the waste tank well. The bladder folds up to be pretty small.

With both of those, your options on available camping sites and CG's can go up because you have a way to transport bulk fluids without hooking up and moving the camper.

I know your not a fan of camping world but that is the only place I have found the water bladder.

Good luck

CW.... curse word in our family.  We do buy supplies from them however, when we can get them for almost (if not) for free.  For example, they gave us a $20 coupon for looking at RVs when we purchased ours and then emailed me another $10 coupon as a thank you for spending the $20 in their store.  So, we ended up with around $34 in product, for $4.  Now... if we could just do that oh say, $25k more times... then we'd be even.

I think I'll end up getting one. I've read better reviews overall of the Barkers vs. other brands (like Thetford). I'd really like to pair mine up with a macerator pump so that the tote can live in my truck bed and I pump up into it. Saves you the painfully slow 5mph speed limit. (Though, I do know people change the wheels on these things.)

Remember size-wise, each gallon it holds is 8 lbs. But, I don't have one and don't know how much they're moved by hands.

I think I'll end up getting one. I've read better reviews overall of the Barkers vs. other brands (like Thetford). I'd really like to pair mine up with a macerator pump so that the tote can live in my truck bed and I pump up into it. Saves you the painfully slow 5mph speed limit. (Though, I do know people change the wheels on these things.) Remember size-wise, each gallon it holds is 8 lbs. But, I don't have one and don't know how much they're moved by hands.

Hmmm.... smaller (with dumping once vs twice a camping trip) might be the way to go then.  As I said... usually, the places we stay have full hook-ups; so we wouldn't use it all that often.

I have seen some one modify some diamond plate with a hinge and clasp on the underside of a pop up, I think they used an 18-22 tank on wheels, and when its empty and ready for travel to or from the park, they put it in the cradle under the camper. Some of the tanks are 8-10 inches tall, and you have almost that amount of room between the frame and axle on a pop up. 

if you dump it before you leave for home, its empty weight is like 25-30 lbs and should have minimal effect on the trailer.

Ill look for a pic

I have seen some one modify some diamond plate with a hinge and clasp on the underside of a pop up, I think they used an 18-22 tank on wheels, and when its empty and ready for travel to or from the park, they put it in the cradle under the camper. Some of the tanks are 8-10 inches tall, and you have almost that amount of room between the frame and axle on a pop up. 

if you dump it before you leave for home, its empty weight is like 25-30 lbs and should have minimal effect on the trailer.

Ill look for a pic

Fleetwood had this as an option on their pop ups for a while, but it utilized a thin line portable tank.  I think a standard height tank under a standard pop up would probably bottom out and damage the tank.

Fleetwood had this as an option on their pop ups for a while, but it utilized a thin line portable tank.  I think a standard height tank under a standard pop up would probably bottom out and damage the tank.

Found the pic its from pop up Portal 

The thing is if you can get a tank to fit between the frame rails, and locate near the axle it really wont hang that low, The Idea is to have the bottom of the bracket above the center line of the axle thus giving you 6-7 inches of clearance from the road surface.

by comparison the air dam on my Honda Odyssey is only 4 inches off the road, and this tank would be 2 inches higher than that and located near the axle where the tipping ends of the traler would not impede or impact it.

medium.jpg

and another 

Photo04291757.jpg

and 1 more

IMG_5015.jpg