We are heading down in august - We will be camping with our 33ft TT along with our parents in their 33ft TT- We have our yorkiepoo too so we need a pet loop . We are doing premium site too. I've decided from everyone's comments that 500 loop is where we want to be. Are there any "bad" sites in that loop? We want 2 sites side-by-side- And other than being away from the main road are there any other suggestions of good sites or sites to avoid? Thanks for the input!

We are heading down in august - We will be camping with our 33ft TT along with our parents in their 33ft TT- We have our yorkiepoo too so we need a pet loop . We are doing premium site too. I've decided from everyone's comments that 500 loop is where we want to be. Are there any "bad" sites in that loop? We want 2 sites side-by-side- And other than being away from the main road are there any other suggestions of good sites or sites to avoid? Thanks for the input!

Make sure you note that you would like side by side sites.  Make sure you put the other parties name in each others request so they know who is who.

You can add comments I believe in  MDE when you make your type of site request, near bathroom, have 3 slideouts, etc.

Also about 5 days before, fax in your request saying again that you would like side by side sites.

I would try to avoid the site right next to the walkway to the comfort station (515), unless you enjoy sitting under your awning saying to hello to everyone on their way to the bathroom.  Also, there is a site just past that walkway on the left, inside of the loop, that is notoriously difficult to back into due to the curve of the road as well as a fire hydrant placed inconveniently.  I am pretty sure it is 521.  

My preference would be to try to get a couple of these sites:  528, 530, 532, or 535.  They are very deep and back up toward the canal.   

I went back to see what the heck I said about 500 the last time we stayed there in 2013

We ended up in 520.  It's a super spacious site, and quite long, with a pretty nice separation from your neighbors.  Only one not-so-great thing... it backs up to the sidewalk/main road behind.  We decided the noise wouldn't be so terrible, and we'd stay there.  In hindsight I think we should have called up front and asked to move a few sights down, away from the road.  While the actual road noise wasn't awful - especially since we had the a/c running the whole time - we hadn't counted on how much hubbub there would be having the dogs' pen setup behind the camper.  People passing by would stop to look at them, a few even walked right into the back of our site! The real issue though was people walking their dogs past.  Our gang was pretty darn good about the whole thing, but there were a few barking outbursts.  One dopey guy walked his Aussie into our site through the bushes and stood there asking DH questions while our dogs were losing their minds.  Oy!

All in all it was fine, just not as peaceful as it usually is tucked over in our little corner of 300. However we eventually decided that we very much enjoyed the space and location of 500, but that next time around we'll ask for one of the 5 or 6 sites a bit further around that are still quite large, but away from the road.