It's been awhile since I've been on here, life got in the way. Haha

Back now and ready to start a debate.

Our 2011 F250 4x4 started "bouncing" (I know it's a truck but this was bad and only at certain speeds) the other day. Check tire pressure it was good, called a friend who recommended a tire place and told me what he thought it was. Well he turned out to be right. 2 large "bubbles" in one of the rear tires. The rest looked good, spare was put on for time being and the truck is back to riding like a truck.

Now comes the fun part, getting a new tire. It has 2011 continental contitrac lt275/65r18 E 123/120 S tires with only 22200 miles on it. I could replace the tire with the same thing or get 2 new tires that are different. Not sure if these are oem tires and garbage or if they are decent tires and what to go with if I changed. Budget is a consideration but so is safety and durability.

Any suggestions, comments, likes, dislikes.

Havent had any problems with the continentals till now. But also haven't towed much farther than the 90 miles to the Fort.

I like to check out Tire Rack .com and do tons of comparisons and read reviews.

http://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/homepage.html

You can search for tires by your specific truck, even down to the trim.  It will tell you what tire sizes were standard and optional on the truck.  From there you can browse until you go cross eyed.  Personally, I like the Firestone TransForce HT tires.

I would look into 4 new tires in a different brand your tires are getting close to 5 years and they may already be. I have never known any body to have anything good to say about continental tires on a truck. My truck came with Michelin's and they have been good but if I keep the truck much longer I am going to put Bfgoodrich A/T on it. On our work trucks we run toyo a/t or bfg a/t both have been good.

my dad is a mechanic, you want 4 new tires.

Reason being is the diameter of the used tires is different from the new one, this can add more stress to the drive line.

I have a 4x4, so every time a tire goes, i get 4 new ones

there is also the saftey involved, 1 or 2 tires with better stopping/ grip vs all 4 have the same stopping/grip

only the best that i can afford to keep my family safe.

Check out tirerack, personally prior to owning a popup/ towing I have been impressed with Toyo Open Country AT 2

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-at-ii-on-off-road-all-terrain-tires?cat=10

They do make this tire in a P and a LT series  

I have not towed yet, but i have a 2007 nissan xterra with a set of P275/75/R16  that have about 10,000 miles on them.

I got them when i lived in New Hampshire, as it snows there and i wanted a good tire for winter/ summer driving.

Now I live in Florida, and the worst weather it sees it rain faill at 2+ inches an hour, never had an issue feeling like i didn't have enough grip in either situation( snow or rain)

That says something, as in Florida when it rains, the streets become slick, very slick as they are made with crushed sea shells, and all the oils come back to the surface and its like driving on black ice.

We always had good luck with the Bridgestone Dueler tire ran them on all 3 Suburbans and Toyota 4 Runners, but on my Ford F350 I went with the Michelin XTS Ribbed and they have held up good.

We always had good luck with the Bridgestone Dueler tire ran them on all 3 Suburbans and Toyota 4 Runners, but on my Ford F350 I went with the Michelin XTS Ribbed and they have held up good.

All four Duelers Revo 2's we had on our Explorer cupped. The suspension, alignment, tire pressure, etc were all ok and it had never had a problem with other tire makes. According to the tire store mgr they run into the Duelers not working on all makes of vehicles and cupping was common with older Explorers. I asked why they sold them to me and I got credited for four new ones. Went with Destination LE's which have held up well.

Keith, never heard of that problem before, we started using them when they were still the Desert Duelers then they dropped the Desert part, Now the Ford has Michelin and the Kenworth has Michelin steers on the front and BF Goodrich in the rear, I really like the Michelin on the Ford and Tire Rack was the best price.

Keith, never heard of that problem before, we started using them when they were still the Desert Duelers then they dropped the Desert part, Now the Ford has Michelin and the Kenworth has Michelin steers on the front and BF Goodrich in the rear, I really like the Michelin on the Ford and Tire Rack was the best price.

I've always like BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's and used to run those on my old 4X4 SUV. These days I don't go off road and rather stay with an all season highway tire for less noise.