Planning a trip to Disney and Universal

We are in the middle of planning our biennial 2 week trip to Fort Wilderness for June of 2016.  We usually check in at the Fort on a Saturday and then check out 2 weeks later.  While we are there, we hit all the Disney parks as well as the Universal parks (we even went to LEGOLAND last time we were there).  During the planning for this trip, I was looking at Universal ticket prices and determined that for not much more, we could stay on a Universal property for two or three nights and take advangatge of their early park admission as well as get Express Unlimited ride access for "free".  My idea is to stay at Universal at either the beginning or at the end of our trip and stay at the Fort for the balance.  The problem I run into is what to do with my trailer while I am at Universal.  Has anybody else ever done this?  If so, what did you do with your camper?  Ideally, I would like to find a secure storage facility where I could keep it plugged in.  Any & all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Out of curiosity I called universal

RV parking is available at Hard Rock, portifino, and the Royal. It is $20/day. he wasn't sure if they would charge for the trailer and the truck but he didn't think so. He said to talk to the front desk upon checkin.

I assume that this is just parking and not camping in anyway, right?

I assume that this is just parking and not camping in anyway, right?

Definitely just parking, Universal has no onsite camping.  There is a campground just a few miles from Universal called Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake.  I've never stayed there, nor do I know much about it.

Drat. I would love to get on-site benefits but still stay in my camper.

I wonder if you could just rent a space at Turkey Lake and just not stay in your camper. If I recall, their sites are fairly inexpensive.

Drat. I would love to get on-site benefits but still stay in my camper.I wonder if you could just rent a space at Turkey Lake and just not stay in your camper. If I recall, their sites are fairly inexpensive.

A partial hook up is $16.89/ night. Cheaper than parking at the hotel and you get electricity.

Drat. I would love to get on-site benefits but still stay in my camper.I wonder if you could just rent a space at Turkey Lake and just not stay in your camper. If I recall, their sites are fairly inexpensive.

A partial hook up is $16.89/ night. Cheaper than parking at the hotel and you get electricity.

That may be an option, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk