Fast Passes when using Park Hopper??

I just tried setting up Fast Passes and MDE won't allow me to only choose one or two passes? It forced me to choose three and then wouldn't allow me to cancel one or two of them.

Then, I tried to set up Fast Passes in another park for later the same day, but it wouldn't allow me to since my daily max was met already.

This is my first time doing all this as it's our first trip to WDW. Am I doing something wrong??

What I'd like to do is set up one FP for the morning at one park and two FP for the afternoon at a different park.

Adina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Kelly said.

You're not doing anything wrong. The 3 per day that you can book in advance must be in the same park, and if you only choose one or 2, the system will automatically assign you a 3rd.  You can change it later if you want, but it still has to be in the same park.

Right now the only way to use FP+ in multiple parks is to use up the 3 in one park first (or have the time run out on them), then once you get to the next park you can see what's available and book your next one at one of the FP+ kiosks.

Once that one goes by or is used, you can book another - in that park or the next - the same way, and so on...

I like to book the FP+ for the second park when I park hop.

I get to the first park before "rope drop", so as soon as it opens, I can do the rides that will have long lines later.  Once i have done those, I enjoy the other attractions and rides at that park, then hop to the second park where I have my FP+ waiting for me.

For example, I took my kids to Animal Kingdom early in the day.  We rode Expedition Everest, with the older kids riding twice, then did the Kilimanjaro Safari ride, stopping on the way for pictures, atmosphere, snacks, etc.  We went to the nemo show, then hopped to Hollywood Studios.  When we got there, we were able to go right to Toy Story Midway Mania, as we had our FP+ there.  I think if we had used FP+ at AK, there might not have been any Toy Story FP+ left when we got to DHS.  We also had FP+ for Tower of Terror and Star Tours. :)

I'm posting just to say that I agree with Momof6/Marty's advice.  The best way to utilize FP+ and park hopping is to hit one park at rope drop, then hop to the next, with FP+ reservations timed for some time around noon or later.

The fourth FP+ is pretty much a waste in Epcot and DHS.  Unless you're visiting at a very slow time, you will not get anything good for that 4th FP+. I've never heard of anyone getting a Toy Story FP+ as their 4th FP+.  The 4th FP+ does work well at the MK, but the choices diminish as the day goes on.

I don't like any of this, but it's how it works, and you have to make the best of it.

TCD

Oh, and just letting the time expire doesn't always work either. I had 3 FP+ for somewhere one day, and events prevented me from using them. Later that day, I finally got to a park, and went to a kiosk to see what was available, and it said I hadn't used my 3 FP+

Couldn't get MDE to come up on my phone to cancel the existing ones either :(