Disney to reinvent the theme park shopping experience with new mobile app 1 hour ago in "MyMagic+"
Disney is planning to introduce a new mobile app that will make finding, buying and shipping merchandise from the Walt Disney World theme parks easier and faster than ever.

Unlike the existing offerings at the DisneyStore.com site, the new app will offer nearly the full range of merchandise available in the parks, and should once-and-for-all resolve that problem of - “I wish I had bought it when I was there..”

Called ‘Shop Disney Parks,’ the app will allow guests to locate, order, and ship merchandise from any Disney operated retail store at Walt Disney World.

If you are shopping at home within the US, the app will let you browse, buy and then ship the items directly. If you are already in the parks, the app will have the capability to browse, buy and then ship to the front of park, or for resort guests, directly to the hotel.

Inside the stores, guests will be able to scan the merchandise for more information about the product.

By linking in with My Disney Experience, the app will also honor discounts, such as Annual Pass and Disney Vacation Club discounts.

The app will be launching soon, and will be available for iOS devices, such as iPhone and iPad, and Android.

Disney has recently introduced new ranges of attraction merchandise that appeal to the more dedicated fans and expected users of the new shopping app. Memento Mori at the Magic Kingdom, Tower Gifts at Disney's Hollywood Studios and The Sign Shop at Marketplace Co-Op have all recently been updated with new ranges of merchandise.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/10aug2015-disney-to-reinvent-the-theme-park-shopping-experience-with-new-mobile-app.htm

New 'Shop Disney Parks' app now available in the App Store 9 hours ago The brand new 'Shop Disney Parks' app that we mentioned last week is now available in the Apple App Store, and Google Play.

In its first phase, the new Shop Disney Parks app allows guests to locate, order, and ship merchandise from any Disney operated retail store at Walt Disney World.

Inside the stores at Walt Disney World, guests can scan the merchandise for more information about the product and its stock levels at various locations in the parks.

In later updates to the app, there will be the capability to browse, buy and then ship to the front of park, or for resort guests, directly to the hotel. Also expect to see many more products added to the app.

Full article with lots of screenshots...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/15aug2015-shop-disney-parks-app-now-available-in-the-app-store.htm

So I downloaded this and ws playing with it. For research of course. Under the home and decor category all of the camping supplies they sell at the Meadows is listed. I am laughing every time I see some thing for a sewer hookup next to an ornament since it is in alphabetical order. 

• 2 weeks later...