Returning Bad Merchandise Question

I bought an outside stepping stone during Flower & Garden, and after sitting outside only a couple of weeks, the durn thing has split, cracked, and is just ruined.

I'm sure they don't carry it anymore because it was from F&G, but I have an opportunity to return it this week.  What can I expect?

Refund?, gift card credit?, or "not guaranteed, so sorry?"

I bought an outside stepping stone during Flower & Garden, and after sitting outside only a couple of weeks, the durn thing has split, cracked, and is just ruined.

I'm sure they don't carry it anymore because it was from F&G, but I have an opportunity to return it this week.  What can I expect?

Refund?, gift card credit?, or "not guaranteed, so sorry?"

Do you have a receipt?

Bought my granddaughter a lightsaber during Star Wars Weekend, and the sound stopped working before we even got home.

Of course she didn't mention it to me until we got back to Tampa.

I emailed them about the problem, got a reply and had to call them.

Gave them all the info from the receipt, they shipped us another one, no charge and said to keep the old one.

The more info you have, the easier the replacement will be.

Do you have a receipt?

Bought my granddaughter a lightsaber during Star Wars Weekend, and the sound stopped working before we even got home.

Of course she didn't mention it to me until we got back to Tampa.

I emailed them about the problem, got a reply and had to call them.

Gave them all the info from the receipt, they shipped us another one, no charge and said to keep the old one.

The more info you have, the easier the replacement will be.

Probably don't have a receipt. Will just lug it with me and see what they say.

They have gotten stricter over the years about returns.  Used to be you bring back something that broke and they replaced it right away no questions ask.  A few years ago my DW had a keychain she really liked with a spinning logo that broke after only 3 years. (lol)  She showed it to a CM to see if they still had them to buy a new one and they gave her a replacement with no hassle at all.  

Then last year my GD had a pull string plush that broke after 1 week.  When we took it back we had to get a manager involved because we did not have the receipt.  He finally gave in and gave us a replacement but we had to push back to get it.   Good luck with your replacement.  Be nice but firm and ask for a manager if you have to.   As much as they charge for their products they should last.