Bought a camper this summer and heading down to the fort for thanksgiving week.  We have been to Disney World many times but this is our first time staying at the fort.  I am looking to request the 1300 loop.  Anyone with a favorite site in that loop and why?  We have 4 kids ranging from 18 months old to 16 yrs old.

Welcome.

There are only 34 sites on 1300, so there's not a whole lot of variation in what you're going to get.

There have been complaints from people on 1308 and 1309 about guests cutting through their sites to get to the bus stop by the 1600 loop.  I don't think that's a common thing, but maybe it is.

The outside sites between 1310 and 1321 back up to a canal.  That might not be a good thing for you 18 month old.

The sites near the loop entrance and exit (1301, 1302, 1333 and 1334) are close to the playground.  That could be a good thing with four kids in your party.  But, it also could be noisy with other kids playing there all day.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back and stayed in 1316. Not a bad site. It was by the canal. Only thing was you can hear the pool activities in the day time and If people (teenagers) are at the open field late at night, it was kinda noisy. But for the most part we enjoyed it. Nice walk and not far to pool and Meadows Trading post.

We just got back and stayed in 1316. Not a bad site. It was by the canal. Only thing was you can hear the pool activities in the day time and If people (teenagers) are at the open field late at night, it was kinda noisy. But for the most part we enjoyed it. Nice walk and not far to pool and Meadows Trading post.

Good to know, thanks!

And WELCOME :)

Great post, and thanks for sharing.

I've always been leery of those sites for that reason.  The CM's use a microphones and speakers for the pool games, and I've heard the noise all the way over in the 1500 loop.  But, we're never around the site much in the middle of the day, so it's not that big a deal.

I also thought it could be bad back when the pool used to be open 24 hours.  There sometimes would be rowdy groups at the pool late at night.  But the current no-fun regime put an end to that.

TCD

Great post, and thanks for sharing.

I've always been leery of those sites for that reason.  The CM's use a microphones and speakers for the pool games, and I've heard the noise all the way over in the 1500 loop.  But, we're never around the site much in the middle of the day, so it's not that big a deal.

I also thought it could be bad back when the pool used to be open 24 hours.  There sometimes would be rowdy groups at the pool late at night.  But the current no-fun regime put an end to that.

TCD

We were in 1318 our last trip. We didn't find the noise to be that bad. There were the pool parties during the afternoon but they were over by dinnertime and the noise level went down considerably. It was really quiet in the morning and we liked seeing the Ibis, Herons and other waterbirds wading in the canal. We also like the central location since we frequently walked to where we were going as opposed to taking the bus. I am planning on requesting the same loop along the canal this trip with 1200 as the backup.

We stayed in 1303 back in June.  Right across from the comfort station if you want to make use of the laundry or showers, it's very convenient.  Its also very close to the playground for the little ones and the bus stop.  But it's also far enough away that noise from the playground and stop are not going to be a issue in the camper.  We really enjoyed our week there.  

We did hear some noise during the daytime pool activities, but really only if our AC was not running...  When that thing runs you could almost set a bomb off on our steps and we'd not hear it LOL!