'Unforgettable Happens Here' replaces 'Disney Side'

Ok story time. Pull up a seat and get comfy kids.

When I was around 8 years old maybe 9 I insisted my Mom had to take me to the Mother Son dance at school. She didn't have any interest in going but I bagged the heck out of her till she finally caved. Of course I didn't know how to dance yet so my Mom taught me in the living room till I was only moderately horrible at it.

Come the night of the dance we got all dressed up and I have her the corsage my father had picked up for the occasion. We headed off to the dance. After we got there I wouldn't dance with my Mom. She started getting annoyed with me. I had harassed her I to this, made her teach me to dance and made her wear a dress. She was pretty ticked. Finally she asked if you aren't going to dance why did you put me through all this.

I replied, and this is a good one, when Heather(my sister) and Dad go they go out for ice cream after. I want to go out for ice cream too.

Some hoe I had decided the only way to go get a sundae with my Mom was to go to the dance. She started laughing hysterically and said if all I wanted was ice cream why the heck didn't I say so. We left and got some ice cream.

In all the years that followed we never had an occasion to dance with each other. Till the wedding. Seemed kind of unforgettable to me.

Great story. I love it.