'Unforgettable Happens Here' replaces 'Disney Side'

From WDWMagic...

Disney Parks to unveil new marketing campaign - 'Unforgettable Happens Here'
2 hours ago in "Magic Kingdom"

Disney is about to begin a major new national marketing campaign for both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort.

'Unforgettable Happens Here' is the main message, and will make extensive use of Social Media, highlighting moments that families and friends share together in the parks.

Look out for the first commercials airing this week on Disney's TV channels, including ABC and Disney Channel.

The new campaign will replace the 'Disney Side' message from the past few years.

Article Posted: Sep 21, 2015 / 2:19pm EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/21sep2015-disney-parks-to-unveil-new-marketing-campaign---unforgettable-happens-here.htm

Agreed.  My initial reaction was "meh." 

Then again, I didn't think "Show Your Disney Side" was super great either.  It was fine for an event, like the 24 hours at MK, but it seemed to just kind of fizzle out as a regular, every-day, marketing campaign.

I still think my favorite was "The Time of Your Life" - that song still gets stuck in my head when I hear it on Live365.

Funny thats what I picked to dance with my Mom too.

Lol Brian's mom picked it. She just acted like he was getting shipped off to war or something and would never ever see him again. The funny part is the song was really, really long and about 1/2 way thru you could tell they were both like omg please let this be over!

Lol Brian's mom picked it. She just acted like he was getting shipped off to war or something and would never ever see him again. The funny part is the song was really, really long and about 1/2 way thru you could tell they were both like omg please let this be over!

Ok story time. Pull up a seat and get comfy kids.

When I was around 8 years old maybe 9 I insisted my Mom had to take me to the Mother Son dance at school. She didn't have any interest in going but I bagged the heck out of her till she finally caved. Of course I didn't know how to dance yet so my Mom taught me in the living room till I was only moderately horrible at it.

Come the night of the dance we got all dressed up and I have her the corsage my father had picked up for the occasion. We headed off to the dance. After we got there I wouldn't dance with my Mom. She started getting annoyed with me. I had harassed her I to this, made her teach me to dance and made her wear a dress. She was pretty ticked. Finally she asked if you aren't going to dance why did you put me through all this.

I replied, and this is a good one, when Heather(my sister) and Dad go they go out for ice cream after. I want to go out for ice cream too.

Some hoe I had decided the only way to go get a sundae with my Mom was to go to the dance. She started laughing hysterically and said if all I wanted was ice cream why the heck didn't I say so. We left and got some ice cream.

In all the years that followed we never had an occasion to dance with each other. Till the wedding. Seemed kind of unforgettable to me.

Memorable things can be forgotten, but unforgettable is unforgettable, for instance a back seat of a car, a drive in movie, catch my drift???

At least they are changing it up every once in a while. Think of it this way, Las Vegas has changed its slogans over the years, changed buildings and continue to get business. Some were good,  some were bad, but they got business. Atlantic City on the other hand has never changed, I don't even remembering a motto except their latest of Do AC, which is dumb and Atlantic City is a dump now and slowly dying. I loved AC as a kid and now I'm embarassed for it.

This motto will come and it will go and it may be remembered and it may not, but at least they are shaking things up to get your attention. Look a thread on it, it's working.

Best Regards,

Norm

When I was around 8 years old maybe 9 I insisted my Mom had to take me to the Mother Son dance at school. She didn't have any interest in going but I bagged the heck out of her till she finally caved. Of course I didn't know how to dance yet so my Mom taught me in the living room till I was only moderately horrible at it.

Come the night of the dance we got all dressed up and I have her the corsage my father had picked up for the occasion. We headed off to the dance. After we got there I wouldn't dance with my Mom. She started getting annoyed with me. I had harassed her I to this, made her teach me to dance and made her wear a dress. She was pretty ticked. Finally she asked if you aren't going to dance why did you put me through all this.

I replied, and this is a good one, when Heather(my sister) and Dad go they go out for ice cream after. I want to go out for ice cream too.

Some hoe I had decided the only way to go get a sundae with my Mom was to go to the dance. She started laughing hysterically and said if all I wanted was ice cream why the heck didn't I say so. We left and got some ice cream.

In all the years that followed we never had an occasion to dance with each other. Till the wedding. Seemed kind of unforgettable to me.

As the Mom of 3 boys, I laughed hysterically at this story.  I also could relate to your "I made her wear a dress."  I'm glad your Mom could see the humor. Thanks for sharing. 

You, sir, are a genius!

You got your ice cream, so it was worth it, right?

Thanks for sharing that story.

As for the new unforgettable motto, I saw that Disney CM's have already switched from #Disneysidecast to #Unforgettablecast on social media.

TCD

I don't like a slogan that begins with "un". Seems like a negative even when it's not. And it occurs to me that Disney Meth guy had an "unforgettable" experience at Disney, just not the kind they're trying to evoke.

The way I see it forgettable in itself is negative. So, adding the negative prefix in front of it makes it a double negative which is actually a positive.

You, sir, are a genius!

You got your ice cream, so it was worth it, right?

Thanks for sharing that story.

As for the new unforgettable motto, I saw that Disney CM's have already switched from #Disneysidecast to #Unforgettablecast on social media.

TCD

I need you or Beckers to give me an insta tutorial.

The ads are great, as usual, but the music is just not cutting it for me.  I will not get that stuck in my head like "It's The Time of Your Life."

It all happens here. Every second. Every minute. Everyday. All the heightened moments that bring families together and create the indelible moments they’ll share and cherish forever. This fall, Disney Parks is unveiling its new national marketing campaign, "Unforgettable Happens Here" – highlighting the authentic, real moments that families of all kinds enjoy together, across the wide range of amazing experiences at both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. 

The first commercials air this week, including on the networks of Disney and ABC, each capturing stories full of wonder and energy that bring to life the emotion of being at a Disney park. Take a look:

In bringing families together and strengthening bonds, a visit to Disney Parks stands out as a powerful, indelible marker of time. It’s not just a vacation – it's a chance to make family history together.

VIDEOS: © 2015 Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/09/unforgettable-happens-here-campaing-at.html

Cool story.  Neat Mom.  Thanks!