Mickey Lamp post question

I am getting ready to build my lamp post and have a few questions for those that have done this.

Did you make it so it can come apart for transport or do you just lay it down somewhere? Worried about small globes if I lay it down. Will be using milk jug base so think making it permanent in base would be best. Any advice would be appreciated.

I made mine that way also.  The top mickey globe portion comes off, the pole comes  off and then I have a base.  It makes it easier for me to travle with it that way.  The top portion fits perfectly in the box they shipped my globes in and all I had to do was add a little bubble wrap. 

I put a male 3 prong plug in the "neck" and a  female 3 prong plug in the top of the 2" pipe so I can take head off in transport - had it come apart too many times!

If anyone is going to be at the fort next week, I'm bringing two bodyless mickey heads that have lights in the head and a led that shines down from "neck" - going to dress them up as ghosts...hopefully.