From the Disney Food blog...

Menu Spotlight: English Bulldog at Rose & Crown Pub

Apr 6th, 2011

by AJ.

So, I was looking at the Rose & Crown pub menu one day and I saw this:

English-Bulldog-350x91.jpg

Yes, PLEASE!

It took a while for me to get back to the World and get my hands on one, but I was thrilled when my buddy Lisa from Babes in Disneyland agreed to head to the pub with me to try one last month!

Yacht-Tea-Epcot-Beach-071.jpg

Rose and Crown

Atmosphere

We arrived right at opening to a nearly deserted pub and quickly grabbed a table.

pub-500x333.jpg

Luckily, my favorite bartender (and yours!!), Carl, was on duty! I was thrilled to see him! It was my first time stopping by when he was working since I wrote that fun piece about him last year.

carl.jpg

Rose and Crown's Famous Carl

Carl quickly took our order and sat us down with a table number for when the order came up.

He then shared with us his goal of creating the perfect Scotch Egg at home!! He even stopped by the table to show off photos from his phone :-)

Carls-scotch-eggs.jpg

Carls Scotch Eggs

This is why we think Carl is one of the greatest cast members ever. He remembers everyone. (Did you know he has a guest photo album on the bar?!) He can?t wait to hear how you are. And he can?t wait to share what he?s been up to as well. There?s nothing better than feeling like you have a ?local? in your favorite place in the world, and Carl has an incredible knack of making sure that the hundreds of thousands of people that come through the Rose and Crown?s doors every year feel as though they?re his very favorite customer.

Eats

Anyway, back to the Bulldog! The orders soon came up and we were graced with some of the greatest junk food known to man. I have no idea why I didn?t discover these sooner, but, my friends, you need to try this! Sausage, mashed potatoes, bacon, cheddar, and mustard ? heavenly!

english-bulldog-with-chips-500x677.jpg

English Bulldog

The best part? Two of these ? plus sodas ? cost about $20!! That?s around (if not less than) what you?ll pay in a counter-service restaurant for two adult meals! Sit down. Relax. Chat with Carl. Be served at your table. And eat incredible food. This is a great deal.

If you?re interested in the rest of the items available from the pub, here?s the deal:

Pub-Menu-click-for-larger-version.jpg

Overall

Rose & Crown Pub is a hidden gem in Disney World. Great food, good people, and a wonderful atmosphere all combine to create one of the best Disney food experiences out there.

But understand that the pub does get crowded in the afternoon and evening, so if you want a relaxing visit like I had, head over when they start serving at noon.

Highly recommended!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/04/06/menu-spotlight-english-bulldog-at-rose-crown-pub/

We ate there for the Candlelight Processional dinner package December 2009, and had a very good meal.  I loved the scotch egg, and the fish and chips were very good.  I'd go back. 

The Table Service side might be different - the Pub side is Counter Service ... and it was a "never again' experience for us.