So when do the Christmas decorations go up in WDW? What about the resorts?

Christmas decorations are up at the Magic Kingdom, and the decorating of the resorts is underway.

As a matter of fact, I heard from a Fiend on the Scene that Pioneer Hall and the Trail's End porch are decorated as of this afternoon.

TCD

MK will always be decorated before the first MVMCP - this year it happened Nov 2-3, which has pretty much been par for the course the last few years.

Other parks follow along shortly behind, with everything in place by Thanksgiving - sometimes a good bit sooner.  We left Nov 13 and had already started seeing some decorations going up in some parks.

Resorts tend to follow along behind, although it seems like it gets earlier every year. Those will be done by Thanksgiving too, if not a week or so sooner.

Disney really pushes the seasons to get every last $$ they can.

My wife mentioned to me that we celebrated Halloween and Christmas the same weekend by going to the Osborne lights on 11/1.

I reminded her that we had started Halloween on 9/15 by going to the blog party the first night on MNSSHP.

At least Busch Gardens is keeping things sane.  Christmas Town doesn't open until 11/27 and I think Sea World is the same day for their tree celebration.