Smoky Bear Campground - Gatlinburg TN

We stay here every year. We got to know the owners and reserve the same spot every year. Very clean and quiet. Some will say it's too far out of town. I say it gets th kids to play outside and realize what dirt and stones are. Highly recommended for a trip in th smokies

We stay here every year. We got to know the owners and reserve the same spot every year. Very clean and quiet. Some will say it's too far out of town. I say it gets th kids to play outside and realize what dirt and stones are. Highly recommended for a trip in th smokies

I could not agree more!  The owners seemed like very nice people and we will definitely be going back. As far as being too far out, I look at it like this.  I can go ride go karts and play putt-putt anywhere.  There is only one place to enjoy the Great Smoky Mountains.  Our last trip all we did was explore the park, hike to waterfalls, etc. I think it was one of, if not my favorite trip ever to the Smokies. 

I could not agree more!  The owners seemed like very nice people and we will definitely be going back. As far as being too far out, I look at it like this.  I can go ride go karts and play putt-putt anywhere.  There is only one place to enjoy the Great Smoky Mountains.  Our last trip all we did was explore the park, hike to waterfalls, etc. I think it was one of, if not my favorite trip ever to the Smokies.

Same for us. The best day we had on our trip to the smokies was the day we hung out in the river up in the mountains. The kids had more fun there than at the water park. I think mostly MH folks do not like the distance to town mostly because smoky bear is too far out for a trolley stop. I will say if you have a MH with no tow car and your not one to set up and break down to go into town, this far out