Doing Disney Ft Wilderness & Cruise Where to leave TT

Tough to follow, but, here goes.  We are booked for a Disney cruise (leaves from Puerto Rico-flying out of Lauderdale in Jan with Campsite Reservation at Ft Wilderness for the day we disembark.  We want to bring TT down with us (so as to not have to drive home and drive back to FL-we live in NC).  Does Disney offer any type of RV Parking if you are doing a cruise prior to camping? If not, I think we are going to try to find a mini-storage area somewhere along the way to leave it.(Cruise is for 12 days)  Thanks for any input or suggestions.

I would call the Fort front desk to verify but I believe you can leave it in the overflow lot if you have a reservation for after your cruise. I know there are people who have stayed at the fort then left them there while on a cruise, then came back and camped. That might only be if taking the bus to Canaveral for a cruise I don't know. It may be a bit out of the way depending on what route you plan to take to Lauderdale. Another option would be long term parking at the airport but I'm not sure I'd do that personally. If you'd are going to be in Lauderdale the night before your cruise maybe an rv park or hotel in the area that would allow/charge you to store it there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This question has come up before, and there does not seem to be any official policy.

Rather, whether or not you can park your RV in the overflow lot while on a cruise is in the discretion of the Fort Wilderness Manager.

Asking for free parking for 12 days seems a bit much, but you never know unless you ask.  You need to call the front desk and speak to the manager.  Please report back on what you're told.

TCD

This may be an instance where a "throw" away site might be a good idea. The cheapest (haha yeah I know I'm delusional) site you can fit into may be cheaper than parking/storing the trailer. That would give you a place to spend the night before and if it's a different level of site you can just move the day you get back. That is if you can't leave it in overflow. Just an option to check into, as I have no idea what storage or parking fees would be and would depend greatly on the prices at the fort during that time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk