Lets hope 1 week is not too long in a small camper.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving the TR and pics. I too am sorry for the stroller mishap, glad they are OK. Hope ya'll have a great family vacation.        :D

If you run out of things to do and want to rejuvenate your man card, hop over to WWOS and check out the VEX Robotic competition going on Thur, Fri, & Sat.

I'll be there starting Wed.

That is cool.  I think I already saw some of the competitors enjoying Disney.

jon

There seems to be some construction going on.  With equipment and everything.  When we decide to go to the pool later on or even to the dog park, I will take to take some pictures.

The construction is located just past the dog park (coming from the 300/500 loop), just before the bridge.  They put up a fence yesterday night and were painting the fence today.  I saw some equipment behind it and some 2x4's.

MagicBus - I am thinking of going on Friday to go see the vex-robotics.  Will you be there at any certain time?  Would love to meet you.

jon

Tonight we decided to go to the pool again and hang out.  On the way back we got the Giddyap and Go.  We also decided to go to the settlement store to get ice and bug itch spray.  I think I will be a human bug bite by the end of the week.

I was expecting to have to use quarters and use the ice machine, but the settlement actually had bags of 10 lbs ice like you would buy at the store.  It was $2.59 which was only $.10 more then what I paid at 7-11 the other night.  With my 10% discount(annual Pass), it made it even less.  I know where I am going to get my ice the rest of the time.

After getting back and eating dinner we took the dogs to the dog park and the DD to the playground.  WHen we got back we had just enough time to make it to the campfire sing-a-long.  I was glad that we did.  My DD was clapping along and even gave Chip a HI-5.  I was so proud of her.  She was so shy around Mickey the other day, that it was nice to see her open up to character.  I hope it means she will open up when we go to Chef Mickey's tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a Fort day, most likely go look at the horses and go look more at TCD ranch.

Thanks everyone for reading along.

jon

Yesterday we slept in as it was a fort day.  We got up and went to the pool.  Not crowded at all.  We also went canoeing.  The DD really did not like it because there was no place for her to go without feeling like she was going to fall in the water.

We came back to the site and had lunch and then took a nice long nap.  We started to get ready fro Chef Mickey's and headed over to the Contemporary.  We got to see all the characters, but probably would do breakfast instead of Dinner again.  The weather was nice outside so we were going to sleep with the windows open on the Camper, but my BC decided it was time ti bark at the Horse and Carriage that comes through every night and then to bark at something else.  So I had to shut the window, no unneeded barking.

Today (Thursday) we went to the Magic Kingdom and got everything done that we wanted by 11:00.  Extra Magic Hours is awesome.  We had lunch at Crystal Palace and then came back.  I wanted to take a nap, but my DD decided it was not time.  So I took her on the GC to go looping while I let my DW sleep.  I think less then 5 minutes into the ride my DD was asleep.

So I took her back to the camper, put her to bed and then took my dogs to the dog park since no other dogs were in it.  My BC is very possessive of her stuff, so no Frisbee when other dogs are in it.  Made sure they got water along with getting hosed down to cool them off.

Just cooking out tonight, Fulton's tomorrow for lunch and maybe the show at WWOS.

We are having a very good time.

jon

Sounds like so much fun!!!

We love Crystal Palace for lunch!  I have thought about doing Chef M's for breakfast, but it's tough to get up that early for us.  :banana:

Enjoying your TR!  Your daughter is ADORABLE!  What a fun age to have her at Disney!

So it looks like we left off on Thursday afternoon.  After the DW and DD got up we went to the pool again and then came back and I cooked Dinner on the grill.  We had Flank Steak with onions cooked on the grill.  We then started to clean up the area a little because we had a lot to pack up.

Friday was another Fort day/Downtown Disney day.  We woke up and hung out a little.  Took the dogs to the dog park and rode around on the golf cart.  We headed over to Downtown Disney to get some more lego's and a stuffed Pluto for my DW.  We like to eat at Fulton's Crab House for lunch because you get more options.  We still order from the Dinner Menu, but with the DVC lately, they have been given 30% off for lunch.  After Fulton's we finished our shopping and headed back to the fort.  Took my DD around the fort again on the Golf Cart, went to the pool and then cooked Brats for dinner.

On Saturday, I was meeting up with some families that are on the swim team I coach.  I coached two of the kids and we hung out and rode some rides at DHS.  We played Toy Story Mania and then went on Rock and Roller Coaster, then Tower of Terror.  The boy I coached (14) screamed like a 5 year old girl.  It was hilarious and made fun of him the whole time.  We then did the Backlot Tour and went and did Toy Story Mania again.  It was then time to head over to the Magic Kingdom.  Rode a couple of rides and then back to the fort.  Luckily my DW was back and was able to pick me up with the Golf Cart since she stayed at DHS so my DD could watch Disney Junior(Formerly Playhouse Disney) to see Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  We did a lot more packing and I took my DD on her last ride on the Golf Cart and she ended up falling asleep on me again.  The Golf Cart got picked up, I started to cook food as the families were coming over for Dinner.  Hot Dogs and Burgers, with onions, potatoes and chips.  Finished packing so the only left to do in the morning was hook up the camper and head out.

We left the fort by 6:30 and took over 12 hours because of traffic.  The tornadoes that came through NC, went over 95 so there were a lot of people slowing down to look at the damage caused by them.

Luckily all my immediate family and friends were all safe along with their houses.  I only know of 1 family that their house got damaged.  About a mile from my work you could see the destruction the tornadoes caused.  Sheet Metal and and holes in roofs.  It was awful and will take a while for people to rebuild.

Next up, hopefully tomorrow, will be my review of the fort.  Hopefully everyone enjoyed the report.  I also hope to get some more pictures up, but that may not make it till later in the week.

jon