Hi - as usual the dates I was looking to book do not come up but if I extend the reservation it comes up. I've seen the threads that they no longer let you adjust the dates ahead of time but am I correct that at check in you can drop days and that is still ok? Also, does anyone know if this policy is only at the fort or is it across the board at all the hotels because I made a reservation for Poly not sure the exact dates we would go since you have to book so far out to get in and now I'm nervous the whole thing will get cancelled if we drop a day!

Thanks you guys are always awesome with all your input!

That is what I have done with the past three trips. The last one we had a reservation for 3 weeks and after the first week went to the front and checked out two weeks early. There was no penalty. The only thing is my credit card was charged the full amount and then the remainder was refunded. This could affect any other purchases if you do not have enough balance on your card to cover the extra amount.

The only thing is my credit card was charged the full amount and then the remainder was refunded. This could affect any other purchases if you do not have enough balance on your card to cover the extra amount.

That happened to me once too.  It took a week for the credit to show back up on my card.  Not a big deal, but I had to keep on checking to make sure it showed up and I didn't forget about it.  Now, I just drop the days at check-in, and only pay for the days we will be there.

Pro tip- Don't use on-line check in if you need to drop dates, as the charge may already hit your card before you arrive.

TCD

The change to the reservation policy was made across the boards at all resorts, not just to the Fort.

Initially they were making it really hard, if not impossible, to just drop dates off a reservation without completely rebooking. That seems to have eased up a bit since - at least if you're still keeping a decent-sized reservation in place (I've seen mention of 5+ days??) and aren't just trying to keep a weekend or a single night.

We had a 4 week reservation booked over Halloween and needed to drop the first week.  I called a few months before and was able to drop that first week without any trouble at all.

Good luck!