Star Wars Fireworks Show Adding Projection Effects and Flamethrowers

14 hours ago, lklasing said:

Awesome.  Thanks! 

Have a great time.

One more thought just occurred to me- since they have changed the location of the dessert party, and reduced the size of the viewing area for those guests, it might be a good strategy to look for a spot right behind the new VIP viewing area.  That would probably give you a good view of things.  This would be a bit to the left of the stage as you face it.

TCD

• 3 months later...

We saw the show Saturday night.  It was held at 8:00 and the park closed at 8:00.

Show was really great, a lot better than I thought it would be.

We were on the street about even with the back set of lighting towers.  We could see the majority of the fireworks, the main part of the theater, and the projections to the left.  The right side projections were harder to see along with the far right side fireworks.

If they plan on doing a lot of projection shows, they might want to think about relocating the palm trees in front of the theater.

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We saw the show Saturday night.  It was held at 8:00 and the park closed at 8:00.

Show was really great, a lot better than I thought it would be.

We were on the street about even with the back set of lighting towers.  We could see the majority of the fireworks, the main part of the theater, and the projections to the left.  The right side projections were harder to see along with the far right side fireworks.

If they plan on doing a lot of projection shows, they might want to think about relocating the palm trees in front of the theater.

What time did you claim your spot for the show?

TCD

42 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

What time did you claim your spot for the show?

TCD

Between 7:15 and 7:30, closer to 7:30 i think.

It was crowded, but not crushing crowded, no one was up close/touching us, we all had breathing room.

It might've been worse up front, but where we were was manageable.

Now leaving was like a herd.  You just had to go with the flow until it opened up near the front.

30 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Between 7:15 and 7:30, closer to 7:30 i think.

It was crowded, but not crushing crowded, no one was up close/touching us, we all had breathing room.

It might've been worse up front, but where we were was manageable.

Now leaving was like a herd.  You just had to go with the flow until it opened up near the front.

Thanks- good to know.  I think we're going to pop in there sometime before that new Jingle Blam thing starts.

You're right about leaving.  It's a bad thing.  And you have to pick your poison- the buses will be packed like sardines, or, if you chose to drive,  you will be fighting for your life to get out of the parking lot.

TCD

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks- good to know.  I think we're going to pop in there sometime before that new Jingle Blam thing starts.

You're right about leaving.  It's a bad thing.  And you have to pick your poison- the buses will be packed like sardines, or, if you chose to drive,  you will be fighting for your life to get out of the parking lot.

TCD

We originally planned on boating to EPCOT, but the lines were up the ramp to the main plaza.  We were pretty much back in the parking lot about even with the tram turn around, so we only had a few feet to get to the opening to the outgoing driveway.  Once we got in there we crept along until we got over to the sweeping curve before you got to the bigger exit road. It went a little smoother there.

With the amount of $ they take in in parking, you would think they would have people guiding the traffic out.