As a big fan of the Garden View Tea Room at the Grand Floridian, this sounds interesting.  I'll be curious to hear more about it once it's starts.

From WDWMagic...

Afternoon tea comes to the Crescent Solarium at Disney's Beach Club Resort 1 hour ago
Starting next month, Disney's Beach Club Resort will be offering an afternoon tea in the Crescent Solarium.

Along with a classic afternoon tea, there will also be savories, sweets, and alcoholic beverages on offer.

Dates include February 11 - 14, March 24 - 29, May 5 - 8, and September 1 - 5 2016.

Reservations can be made at 407-WDW-DINE.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disneys-beach-club-resort/news/22jan2016-afternoon-tea-comes-to-the-crescent-solarium-at-disneys-beach-club-resort.htm

Thanks for posting! As you know I'm a frequent tea-goer at the GF. Unfortunately with the Canadian dollar the way it is, I don't see any trips south in my future. My parents are in Florida until the beginning of March so I'll see if I can convince them to make the trip...

If you go, please do post a review. I'd love to hear about it.

If you go, please do post a review. I'd love to hear about it.

Ditto!!  :)

Unfortunately it looks like the May dates are after Wild Womenz Weekend so I don't think I'll make it either, but hopefully it's popular and continues past September and/or they add more dates.

• 2 weeks later...

From Disney Parks Blog...

Reservations Now Open for Afternoon Tea at Crescent Solarium at Disney’s Beach Club Resort

posted on February 3rd, 2016 by Rachel Bshero, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator

ATNT57

The elegance of enjoying small bites in an elegant solarium with a warm cup of tea simply can’t be beat. I adore afternoon tea, and am delighted to share the introduction of Afternoon Tea at Solarium Gardens at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. Available on select dates (currently February 11-14, February 18-21, March 24-29, May 5-8, June 16-19, September 1-5), guests have the choice of tea services:

ATNT59

Sea Side Park Tea
First course featuring a selection of Artisan cheeses and seasonal accompaniments, second course petit sandwiches and canapés on house-made breads, third course scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale of house-made pastries and tea cookies. Accompanied by your choice of loose-leaf tea.

ATNT58

Sandy Cove Tea
First course featuring petit sandwiches and canapés on house-made breads, second course features scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, house-made pastries and tea cookies. Served with your choice of loose-leaf tea.

ATNT56

Prince Cove Tea
First course featuring house-made charcuterie and cheese plate, second course scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale house-made pastries and tea cookies. Accompanied by your choice of loose-leaf tea.

ATNT697

Short Sands Beach Tea
Guests ages 3-9 can enjoy a first course of assorted tea sandwiches (shaped like Mickey Mouse), second course scone served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale chocolate chip cookies. Accompanied with special “dark tea” (chocolate milk).

Fellow lovers of afternoon tea, over at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, look for a brand new selection of Twinings teas at Afternoon Tea, exclusive to Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog to learn more about the new offerings at Garden Vue Tea Room sponsored by Twinings® of London.

Reservations are now available, and can be made by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine or calling 407-WDW-DINE.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/02/reservations-now-open-for-afternoon-tea-at-crescent-solarium-at-disneys-beach-clubresort/

• 1 month later...

Apparently this was popular enough to make a comeback, although only on selected dates - all of which seem to be holiday weekends.

From OTPN...

Starting from this week, Walt Disney World Resort Guests can once again enjoy Afternoon Tea at Disney’s Beach Club Resort in the Crescent Solarium.
The comfortable solarium overlooking the nearby Crescent Gardens provides an elegant setting for hotel Guests to enjoy classic afternoon tea accompanied by savories and sweets, such as house-made scones, petite sandwiches, and fresh pastries. A variety of alcoholic beverages will also be available for purchase.

Afternoon Tea will be offered from 1-5 p.m. on the following dates (subject to change without notice):
  • March 25-29
  • April 14-17
  • May 5-8
  • June 16-19
  • July 1-4
  • August 11-14
  • Sept. 1-5
Guests can make reservations online at waltdisneyworld.com or by calling 4070-WDW-DINE.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/03/afternoon-tea-returning-to-disneys.html