So... you know what's odd...?  I purchased a Peach Pass (here in GA) as it is suppose to work in FL (both the GA and FL websites say this) however... our pass has not been charged for any of the tolls we've driven though.  I just checked it and nothing was deducted (two trips, last trip was over Christmas).

It's on the truck and I remember driving through and it gave us the green "go" light.

Who knows.... guess we shouldn't be too concerned, unless we get a ticket in the mail :unsure:

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

So... you know what's odd...?  I purchased a Peach Pass (here in GA) as it is suppose to work in FL (both the GA and FL websites say this) however... our pass has not been charged for any of the tolls we've driven though.  I just checked it and nothing was deducted (two trips, last trip was over Christmas).

It's on the truck and I remember driving through and it gave us the green "go" light.

Who knows.... guess we shouldn't be too concerned, unless we get a ticket in the mail :unsure:

Since its out of state, it might take a couple of months to catch up.

if it didn't read, you would've gotten a love letter from FL with the toll fee and I think a $2 admin fee per toll booth.

18 hours ago, Travisma said:

Since its out of state, it might take a couple of months to catch up.

if it didn't read, you would've gotten a love letter from FL with the toll fee and I think a $2 admin fee per toll booth.

Hopefully that's the case (that it takes a couple of months to catch up).  If so... the first trip down was October 28th so that should hit very soon...

Hmmm... you would think that they would be pretty compatible, with them advertising reciprocity :rolleyes:

Not a big deal to us (if it takes them months) as we don't use our Peach Pass and there is money sitting on it to cover FL tolls.  It would only be a big deal, if we got a ticket...but I would imagine that that would have happened by now.

The 2012 Federal highway funding bill required interoperability for automated toll systems on roads that receive any federal funding by October 2016.  Right now I have both an EZPass and a SunPass in my truck, but with a little luck I can get rid of one of the accounts later this year.

In the US there are many toll pas systems, but most belong to one of the big four:

EZPass (12 Northeastern states)

Sun Pass (Florida)

TxTag (Texas)

FasTrak (California)

EZPass is about twice as big (number of tags) as the other three systems combined.

I can tell you that in the EZPass system your account is usually debited the toll amount within a couple of hours of use out of state.