Hello all!  I am a newbie to this discussion board and to camping also. In the past, i've stayed in the cabins and love the fort. We are planning on a trip in Nov and i have settled on loop 900 as my request.  I have searched for comments and opinions about this loop and can't seem to find any. Am I the only one who thinks this might be a good loop to stay in?..haha

Any opinions good or bad appreciated....

Thanks  

WELCOME!

I don't think you're alone in leaning towards 900. I'm sure some folks will be along to share their experiences staying there, especially since there was a big group of Fiends in that very loop over this past Halloween.

We usually stay in Preferred, but in scoping out possible Premium sites we might like, 900 comes up high on the list for us.  Particularly the outside sites about halfway around in the back.  A nice bit of privacy between and behind, and some really wide sites back there. We also like the location in that it's relatively close to the Meadows Area - pool, trading post, etc.

If you haven't checked it out yet already, take a peek at this Info page with more details on sites/loops including maps, videos, Google Earth, and the Fort Fiends mobile app with specs and photos of all sites...

53 minutes ago, Disney1976 said:

I chose premium because i wasn't sure if i would like the sandy area with a preferred site. Don't want the yorkie bringing it in the trailer.:lol:

Understandable.  We have 3 border collies and usually end up bringing an extra camping mat to cover as much of the sand as we possibly can.

I also put the "no shoes in the camper" rule in effect to keep the humans from tracking it in.  LOL

WELCOME!

We love the 900 loop. 500 used to be our preferred loop but after staying in 900 a couple of times (once being Halloween) it has become our favorite. We always try to go for an outside site no matter the loop as they seem roomier. My only gripe with the 900 loop is that around Christmas it doesn't get the carriage and wagon tragic that 700 and 500 does (that could be a good or bad thing depending on your preferences). It's an easy walk to all the "action" of the meadows but far enough you don't hear any of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

... it doesn't get the carriage and wagon tragic that 700 and 500 does (that could be a good or bad thing depending on your preferences).

Good to know!  In our case that would be a good thing as the dogs tend to bark if they see the horses going by.

Good to know!  In our case that would be a good thing as the dogs tend to bark if they see the horses going by.

I did see some in 800 and I know they go through 700 and 500 a lot, but never saw any in 900 at least over Christmas week and I don't remember any Halloween weekend.

We haven't had any trouble fitting our 34ft tt and 4 door f250 fit in the 3 different sites in 900 we've stayed in. I actually feel like they are longer than most in 500 and definitely longer and wider than 700. Have only ever stayed in 1000 and 1600 once. So can't really compare any of the other loops.

20 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We haven't had any trouble fitting our 34ft tt and 4 door f250 fit in the 3 different sites in 900 we've stayed in. I actually feel like they are longer than most in 500 and definitely longer and wider than 700. Have only ever stayed in 1000 and 1600 once. So can't really compare any of the other loops.

Good to know as we are 34ft 5th wheel and f250...