This is our first trip to the fort. We will be traveling with one happy mutt. Not sure if its our laid back old dude, or youngest furry critter. I booked a premier site? Well the most expensive one because of size and why not, we will be there 7 nights.

Can anyone point us to a loop we are bike and walking friendly distance doesn't matter. we are there to camp and unwind not have the hustle and bustle of rushing around. Can ya give a family some help? 

Welcome aboard.  You will find tons of info here and theres even an app and a Google map with all of the sites pinned out.  Myself, I'm a 100 loop fan, and like the faint noise from the marina and easy acess to store and dining. I don't think you can have a bad site at the fort, but some people have different needs. Theres a ton of great videos on YouTube as well.

Enjoy your stay

AP

We like the 1300 loop along the canal. We like watching the wading birds in the morning during breakfast and having the open space of the field on the other side. It can be noisy in the afternoon when the pool party is in progress but quiets down after in ends. I would say 1200 is a good alternate but doesn't have the canal option and would be a bit quieter being further from the pool. Both loops share an entrance near the Meadows Trading Post and are about halfway between the Outpost and Settlement/marina. This makes them a good place to be if you are planning on using Disney transportation from either hub. While we use a bus to the Outpost we typically walk to the Settlement or marina and on average have found it takes us about the same amount of time as waiting for a bus and riding.