I just heard -from one of the RV rental guys- that starting next month Disney will no longer release your site number to the rental company. The site number will only be released to the guest upon check in.
Has any one heard this?

I know it's not a problem to those who drive their own motor home to the Fort, but it will really slow things down for those who rent. 

The rental company estimated  set up would be completed 1 to 3 hours after check in, but I'm guessing it would be even longer during peak times

Welcome NYGoofy!

As Carol said, this has been confirmed (I think in Oct/Nov?) and this new rule for camper rental companies, along with a few others implemented at the same time (including insurance requirements and other fees), resulted in at least one really great company closing up shop.

I guess we will have to deal with this one.  I have two sites booked, one for the MH and the other for a rental trailer.  They are linked.

We will drive down and the DD and family are flying down a day later.  With a little luck they will allow me to handle the setup and avoid the wait.

What rental co. closed shop?  Hope it is not who we booked with.  Not going until early Dec. 2016, but will keep you posted.

12 minutes ago, GGC said:

I guess we will have to deal with this one.  I have two sites booked, one for the MH and the other for a rental trailer.  They are linked.

We will drive down and the DD and family are flying down a day later.  With a little luck they will allow me to handle the setup and avoid the wait.

What rental co. closed shop?  Hope it is not who we booked with.  Not going until early Dec. 2016, but will keep you posted.

FortCamperRental was the name of the pop up company that closed up.