With all of the changes coming to Studios, my wife and I decided to get a lunch in at Mama Melrose's while we still could.  So, Friday, we headed over and checked in around 11:40, although we had 12:05 reservations.  We were quickly seated in a nice booth, and we each had flat breads.  I had the rosemary chicken flatbread and my wife had the Carne d'Italia flatbread.  Both were outstanding.  The server was outstanding as well.  I told my wife, the entire meal reminded me of the "old Disney", great food, and atmosphere that did not make you feel like you were getting ripped off.  It was one of the most enjoyable meals I've had at Disney in a while, outside of Earl of Sandwich.  We did ask the server the key question about the future of Mama Melrose's.  She said that as far as they know right now, they will remain open as is until November.  At that point, the old Pizza Planet should reopen with the Muppet theming.  Then Mama Melrose's should close for a fairly quick refurbishment.  I asked her if the theming was going to change to Muppets, and she said as of now, the answer is no.  It should be a quick refurbishment, not a total change.  Of course she said the plans may change, but at least there is hope the restaurant will remain as is.

After the meal, we spent the afternoon seeing the Little Mermaid show, Star Wars Launch Bay, One Man's Dream with the Jungle Book preview, and Beauty and the Beast.  The really good Gaston of the viral youtube videos was the Gaston during the show and was really good.  We really enjoyed the Star Wars Launch Bay, as simple as it was.  There was a cast member operating the little phone controlled BB-8 around the store, and it really made me want one.  Would be great for work.  We walked from Studios to the Beach Club for a snack since the Solarium was not being used for tea. 

Overall it was a really good day.  I was really pleased with Studios, especially with all of the construction and limited activities.  They seem to be doing a lot with what they have and the cast and operations in general really seemed to be kicked up a notch.  In any case, if you like Mama Melrose's, it is still outstanding for the price and will be around at least a while longer.

Sounds like a great day and thanks for sharing that info.  I've always been on the fence about Mama Melrose as the reviews I've read have been mixed at best.  Glad to hear you had a good experience.  It's going to be interesting to see how that are of the park evolves over the next few years.