Hello!  I've been reading these boards for a while, and now that my trip is 60 days away, I need some info. :)

Background: I have a disabled 16 year old son, who can walk short distances, and has to be in a wheelchair if we walk too long because his body get tired and he starts tripping over his feet. I had originally requested the 1400 loop because it is so close to the pool and he can walk there, but now I am a bit worried about noise from the pool/camp fire area. We will be in a hybrid trailer, so our beds are like tents. We also want to be close to a comfort station. I noticed that if we are close to the comfort station in the 1400's, we are also pretty close to the pool area. 

So, how loud is the 1400's loop? Does it quiet down after the movie? or is there constant late night noise from the pool? 

I've never been to Fort Wilderness, so I also may be off on how close things really are to each other. We are renting a gold cart too, but I would like to be close enough to just walk to the pool without the hassle of driving there. 

Thank you!!

The 1300 or the 1200 loop might be good choices for you. The campsites near the loop entrances are also close to the CS (the doors are oriented towards the 1300 loop). There is also a bus stop where you turn in off the main road. While it is a longer walk to the meadows than some of 1400 sites there are plenty of places to stop to rest on the way and the walk is paved and level for the most part.

Thanks for the distance Norm. I had never paid much attention other than the entrance to the loops are some of the more private ones you'll get at the Fort. Most of the sites in 1300 are going to be away from the road. The exception is some of the sites on the east side backup to a road. In 1200 if look for sites on the north side near the CS you will also be away from the road. Once the daily activities wind down around dinner the loops get pretty quiet. When sitting inside with the A/C or a fan running we don't notice any outside noise other than the fireworks when the go off. 

As for the CS foot traffic I don't think its use is that heavy when compared to other campgrounds. Many people have full facilities in their RV's & trailers and don't use the CS. We have a small trailer so use the CS for showering and other personal functions and we've found we will frequently be the only ones using them. I don't think anyone would even notice the additional foot or cart traffic going by their site as it relates to CS usage. We have never been there in the summer so it might be different but I don't see why  it would be as it is a similar type of clientele and rigs. 

We have three in wheelchairs, 3, 18, and soon 20.  We have stayed (among other locations) in 1400 with the rear of the MH toward the meadows movie venue, and stayed in 1200 with the rear toward the road near the 4-way stop.  In neither location was there excessive noise, although with a hybrid, the bus traffic around the 4-way stop might be objectionable in the early morning.  The wheelchair might be advisable for most travel around the Fort.  Some distances can be unexpectedly taxing, especially in the heat...or rain.