Package Tickets -- Saving For Later?

Say you have days on non-expiration tickets but you want to book a package with the minimum 2-day tickets in order to get "free" dining. What are the rules for using those tickets? Would they have to be used before the non-expiration tickets (I'm assuming they will automatically link to magic bands??). If not, do they have to be used by the same people on the reservation?  You can't just get the 2-day tickets and give them to someone else, can you?   

For the most safe fail use, bring the old no expiring tickets with you and use those for entry instead of your MBs. 

Then at the end of the trip. Request that the 2-day tickets you purchased get stripped from your package and request ticket cards for them. You should then at a later date be able to use them for anyone. You have to wait until you have used all dining credits

20 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

For the most safe fail use, bring the old no expiring tickets with you and use those for entry instead of your MBs. 

Then at the end of the trip. Request that the 2-day tickets you purchased get stripped from your package and request ticket cards for them. You should then at a later date be able to use them for anyone. You have to wait until you have used all dining credits

Will the old non-expiring tickets work if they've already been linked to MBs?  Also, would the unused tickets from the package have to be used in a particular timeframe?   

Yes, they will work even if they've been linked to MBs. The reason to use the actual tickets at the gate is to make sure the system doesn't accidentally remove a day from the package-linked tickets that are automatically placed on your MBs.

(For example, I had an unexpected work trip to Orlando last year. Didn't have any MBs or my AP with me. I went to the ticket window and got a new AP card issued, and used the card they gave me at the ticket gate. It worked just fine independent of my MB.)

As long as you never use a day on the package tickets, they are good forever. The expiration and upgrade window does not start until "first use".

7 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

As long as you never use a day on the package tickets, they are good forever. The expiration and upgrade window does not start until "first use".

Everything Carol has said above is correct. The only exceptions to the tickets, which doesnt apply since you are looking at a 2 day but I am mentioning in case anyone sees this for something else, is the 1 day tiered tickets now. Those have an expiration whether used or not. 1 day tickets expire on December 31st of the following year. 

Thanks, Carol and Jason!  Now to decision making time. The point of the trip, or my justification, was to use the non-expiration tickets again before my older son goes to college next year since family trips will be even harder to arrange after that point. And it wouldn't cost us as much because we already have tickets.  But, with the free dining package we could essentially (comparing package to room discount + what we'd pay out of pocket for dining/refillable mugs) get the five 2-day parkhoppers for around $700 total.