Ok, readers digest version-we went to FW/cabins for our first Disney trip in 2012. Loved it, and booked the cabins again for this August, for our 20th anniversary.  Hubby has been laid off a bit this year, and I'm really sweating whether we'll be able to get the trip paid off in time. I just spoke with a cast member to get an idea how much we'd save booking a campsite instead. (We are buying a nice used PUP this month from church friends.) Anyone know where the pop up/tent sites are located? We have 4 kids, 17, 15, 13, and 5. I'd love to be close to a comfort station, and dare I say it, a pool! Can we request particular loops/locations? (BTW, we'll save about  $1600 for an 8 night trip with a campsite. )

You can put a pup in any level of site, it'll just cost you more.

Partial sites are 1500 and 2000. 

1500 is closer to the action but it has less sites and is harder to get a site in it.

2000 has 2 comfort stations, one in the middle of the loop, and anther near the exit of the loop.

There is a short cut from 2000 over to the meadow, you have to cut thru the group camping site.

2000 is near the cabin loops, so you could go to that pool if you wanted to.

There are maps on this site and also if you google them, showing you where the loops are located.

If you want better odds of being fairly close to the pool, and don't mind spending a bit more than partial, go with a full hookup site.  Those are loops 1600-1900, all relatively close to the pool and there are a good number of comfort stations to go around.

If you haven't seen it already, check out this page for more details on loops and sites, including maps and links to videos of all camping loops, a Google earth interactive map and the Fort Fiends mobile app...

Sounds like a plan!

Heck, you don't need to Google- here's a copy of the latest campground map:

new%20map2_zps6ktonk7r.jpg

There are four different categories of campsites: 1500 and 2000 loops are partial hook-up/tent loops (OK for pop-ups); 1600-1900 loops are full hook-up loops, 100-300 loops are preferred loops,  and 400-1400 are premium loops.  You can put a pop-up on any of those loops.

What you need to find out first is what levels of sites are available for the dates you want to go.  Availability may dictate what level of loop you will be staying in.

Once you have a reservation, you can request a specific loop or even a campsite in the category level of your reservation, but it is only a request, and there are no guarantees.  In the summer time, most folks with partial hook-up site reservations might want to be on the 1500 loop, but that is a small loop, and most folks with partial hook-up reservations will be assigned to the 2000 loop.

There is only one pool close to the campsites- if you want to be close to it, then your chances are much better if you have a premium site reserved.

TCD

1 hour ago, 2beagle said:

Thanks for the input! 1500 looks pretty close to the Meadow swimming pool and trading post-I'd probably try for that loop. We need to cut corners, costwise, and I'd rather take a smaller site than cut off a couple days in length.

If you want the 1500 loop, then you need to reserve a partial hook- up site. Understand, though, that there are two partial hook-up loops (1500 and 2000), and you are more likely to be assigned to 2000 than 1500 because 1500 has far fewer sites. If you are willing to take the risk if being assigned to the 2000 loop, then go for it. 

Depending on when you're going, you may not be able to reserve a partial site, so before making any other plans, you need to check on that. 

TCD