WDW newbie, Disneyland veteran. Sooooo MANY questions!

Hello from a fellow Washingtonian (Seattle near the zoo!). I see that your questions have been answered well by others, so just tossing in my own experience. I hope you'll post back with yours!

Like you, I am packing a second bag full of gear to tent camp for a solo trip at at the Fort this November! It is my first time trying this, but last year we flew and camped in a rental PUP. I can confirm that after you check-in you will be driven with your luggage (if it has arrived, Disney says up to three hours after check-in, so I will collect my luggage and carry it on DME myself this year) to your site. Last year we requested 1500 and got it no problem. We did a split stay and the Fort Wilderness van driver took us and our luggage to our next resort. We Uber'ed to Publix for groceries without problems. For three nights, our neighbors got ripping drunk and were super loud until 3-4 in the AM. On the last night I finally went out at 3AM and asked them to quiet down. Other nights were quiet. Never had to wait terribly long for a shower in the morning. Comfort stations are immaculate. We walked everywhere, we only used the internal bus twice at the end of long days. 1500 is not a long walk from either end, IMO, but everyone is different. Everyday we saw either deer or hawks or wild turkeys on the walk to the main entrance bus stop.

My suggestion for a towel is an REI multitowel. It will dry quickly. We took these towels to South Africa when we were in the Peace Corps and everyone who brought their thick fluffy cotton towels became quite jealous (it's also a real back breaker to hand wash fluffy towels LOL).

I bought some spiral stakes for the sandy tent pad, they also have these at REI. I can't say whether they are effective because I have yet to try them.

Lastly, you probably already know this, I'd suggest bring the right size foot print for your tent. If you put down something that extends past the edges of the bottom of your tent and it rains, it will only act to attract water under your tent.

Have a great time!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Greetings from Bellingham! Yep, did know that about the footprint. And I have those towels too- I have learned my lesson about fluffy cotton towels lol. The multiuse  ones take up a lot less space too! Found out my car camping pad fit perfectly into my suitcase so I'm almost ready to go. Woohoo!

Do report back about those stakes! Bham Rei had none in stock so I got the broad snow stakes, and, well, it'll be yet another adventure:lol:

• 2 weeks later...