I just got a promotion at work. ..yay!  But it means that I will have to work just a bit during my September trip. I have requested the 1500 loop. Can anyone tell me if the wifi is really consistent and reliable in that loop?  Any advice about certain sites that may have a better signal?

12 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Not sure. Honestly, if you require the internet for work when remote, you should bring your own wifi with you. See if a MiFi or some other device, or unlimited data with hotspot on your phone can be provided by your company.

Thanks for the advice, but I will need to work away from home for about 5 hours per year. I don't really think that justifies additional equipment.  Also, I would be the one paying for it as I work remotely.

10 hours ago, Travisma said:

We were in 1500 for over a week and it worked fine.  But it was hot so when I had to catch up on some issues, I did some work in the lobby of the Poly where it was a lot cooler, plus as a bonus we got Dole Whips.

But there is no guarantee you'll get 1500.

Thanks for the info! I know that there are no guarantees, and I will have a contingency plan. I will only need about 30 minutes a day, so I am hoping that I can make it happen during the baby's nap time! 

Keep in mind that these are unsecure/unencrytped public WiFi networks. Unless you are using a company VPN or equivalent to encrypt your activity anybody can see the traffic back and forth if they wish to. This might or might not be against your company's policies so I would check with your IT folks. 

1 minute ago, keith_h said:

Keep in mind that these are unsecure/unencrytped public WiFi networks. Unless you are using a company VPN or equivalent to encrypt your activity anybody can see the traffic back and forth if they wish to. This might or might not be against your company's policies so I would check with your IT folks. 

Thanks for the reminder.  Nothing sensitive in what I do!  I've been working remotely for 15 years so I'm well versed on all of this.  I'm really just wanting to see if my connection will go out mid-email or if I can truly get 30 minutes of work done in 30 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, VFLnSFD said:

Thanks for the reminder.  Nothing sensitive in what I do!  I've been working remotely for 15 years so I'm well versed on all of this.  I'm really just wanting to see if my connection will go out mid-email or if I can truly get 30 minutes of work done in 30 minutes. 

You should be fine in most locations.  Worst case would be a trip to a hotel lobby, but I've found WiFi at the Fort to be very good and reliable, especially for what your needs seem to be for your trip.

7 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

You should be fine in most locations.  Worst case would be a trip to a hotel lobby, but I've found WiFi at the Fort to be very good and reliable, especially for what your needs seem to be for your trip.

Awesome!  Thanks for your help!