Want to own a little bit of the Fort?

1 minute ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

How did I miss this? Oh I see, it was put in the cabin on wheels thread. Oh well it was cool news to me this morning. Feel free to delete this thread.

Nah.  We all miss stuff.

It looks like you weren't the only one to miss that post.

I drive through Homosassa Springs on occasion, and I plan to stop by there and look at the cabins when I get a chance.  When I do, I'll update this thread!

TCD

10 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

It would be nice to have a first hand account from a fiend on the scene. I'll look forward to a post.

Yeah.  I have a lot of questions about exactly how they plan to set up the cabins and what is covered by the lot rent.

Plus, more than half of the cabins they pulled off of the 2100 loop are MIA.  Maybe these folks know something about where the other cabins are.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

So on top of the 20k there would need to be additional remodeling done. I am really curious as to what restrictions are in place for a remodel.

Right- and they also need to be set up properly on blocks or whatever, tie downs, have new decks built, and will require new plumbing and AC units.  I imagine that all of that will be $5K or more.  And who's going to do that work?  The campground?  I doubt any of that is included in the price.  And once you spend all of that to get the place livable, what's to stop the campground from jacking up the rent every year?  These things are not cheap to move (and you would lose those set up costs if you did move your cabin), so once you're there, you're at their mercy.  I know there are laws in Florida that govern mobile home parks to prevent this kind of stuff, but this is only 20 units in a campground -I don't think they would fall under the definition of a mobile home park in Florida. 

TCD