Princess Meet and Greet Outside of Parks!

Wow!

You’re Invited to ‘A Princess Royal Reception’ this October at Disney Springs

Darcy Clark

by Darcy Clark, Disney Springs Marketing Manager

My favorite Disney Princess has always been Cinderella, and one of my favorite lines is “a dream is a wish your heart makes.” If you’ve ever dreamed of meeting a Disney Princess during a visit to World of Disney at Disney Springs, that wish is about to come true during a one-month, limited-time offering set to debut on Saturday, October 1, 2016.

With surprise appearances each day, you could meet Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Tiana or another visiting princess – there are no set times for specific characters, but you’re always sure to receive a royal reception.

I had the chance to talk to Entertainment Show Director Tom Vazzana who shared the background story of the experience: “Cinderella had a wish for her and her fellow royal princesses to have a place to meet new friends. The Fairy Godmother was able to grant her this wish, and now, tucked away in a magical corner of World of Disney is a location befitting Cinderella’s request. A magical ‘royal hall’ was created complete with tapestries and images inspired by classic fairytales.”

With a Disney PhotoPass photographer on hand to capture each interaction, these magical moments will be available for guests to purchase or download as part of their Memory Maker product purchase.

Interested in a royal reception of your own? Visit World of Disney between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily from October 1 – November 1, 2016. Once you check in, a cast member will share the approximate wait time and return instructions; when it’s time for you to return to the queue, you’ll be moments away from meeting a Disney Princess.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/09/youre-invited-to-a-princess-royal-reception-this-october-at-disney-springs/

TCD

8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Is there a charge?

Good question.  I think they would have mentioned it if there was.

I am not sure about how this is actually going to work- the end of the article suggests that you have to check in and get a return time. That sounds like a same day Fastpass, and it sounds like there isn't going to be a standby line.

It also clearly states that this is for the month of October only.  If it's a mess, and there is a good chance it will be, they only have to put up with it for one month.

TCD

29 minutes ago, Seals said:

Just all the $$ you're going to spend in World of Disney and the other shops before and after meeting the princesses, especially if you have to wait around a while for a return time. Smart move, Disney. 

I agree.  They already have these princesses on the payroll, so it costs them little to have them show up for their shifts at Disney Springs.

Plus, they'll have photopass photographers on hand ($$$) and I'm sure plenty of princess dresses and accessories along with autograph books on hand for those in need of such things.

TCD