Book campsite now, park tickets later?

Hi, I'm new here but look forward to learning a lot from you guys/gals. 

I have a couple of quick questions to start;

I want to go ahead and book a site for April or May next year, but I haven't begun to figure out what we're going to do about the theme parks. If I go ahead and book a campsite but do not buy the park tickets at the same time, do I lose out on any benefit or discount?

Also, we may decide on early April next year which would mean that we're already inside the 180 day window to reserve certain things (like rides or meals, not sure as I have yet to figure it all out). Is this a huge deal?

Thanks so much for your willingness to share your expertise! This will be our family's first Disney trip.

Book the site now. use Jason (from this site) to do the heavy lifting. he's the best.

I don't believe your need tickets for advanced dining r3seevations.  however, I think you want to get tickets to take advantage of the fastpass+ early window.

Best recommendation is to book site now. Use [email protected].

Then when you are ready for tickets. Go to Undercovertourist.com to purchase your tickets. Great discounts on tickets.

Fastpasses can be booked at 60 days out, so you might want your tickets by then. Having said that, except for the most popular attractions, most FP can be booked a couple of days out with no issues.

After booking your reservation for your site, sit down with family/friends to work out a possible schedule for your time at WDW.  If time permits, try to take a day to enjoy the offerings of the Fort as well.  Once, you have an idea of where you will be on what day, look at the restaurants.  If you are thinking about a sit-down type meal (including Trail's End at the Fort), make a dining reservation.  You have up to 24 hours in advance to cancel if plans change, or you will incur a no-show charge.  Consider that you will likely be hot and tired as the day progresses, so an AC-cooled dining experience is very welcome.  If you would rather a fast food type experience, no reservations needed, but there will be lines.  Another option is to bring something with you into the park and avoid Disney dining altogether.

Use the schedule you created to determine the kind of tickets you want/need and make fast-pass selections 60 days out as noted by others.  Good luck and have fun.