CONFIRMED: HK Disneyland is taking down the castle, putting up new one

Bye Bye original castle, hello new one!  Thanks to WDW News Today for confirming this rumor.  As part of the revamping of HK DL, this is to make it a unique experience.  It also makes it now on my must do on the bucket list.  (however, all the parks are on my bucketlist, but this one may have jumped to the top when they are done with this)

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/11/confirmed-hong-kong-disneyland-removing-original-castle-announces-frozen-marvel-themed-lands-w-original-rides/

hkdl-castle-800x573@2x-1200x860.jpg

new Hong Kong Disneyland Castle picture credit: wdwnt.com

This was officially announced on the Disney Parks Blog too:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/hong-kong-disneyland-announces-plan-for-multi-year-expansion-with-new-attractions-and-entertainment/

We are excited to be the first to tell you that new world-class attractions and experiences, including two new areas based on Frozen and Marvel, are part of a proposed multi-year expansion for Hong Kong Disneyland from 2018-2023. The Walt Disney Company and the Hong Kong Government are currently evaluating the proposal.

“This proposed expansion brings the best of The Walt Disney Company to this wonderful tourist destination, giving guests an experience only Disney can deliver and infusing some of Disney’s most beloved characters and stories into this unique destination,” said Bob Chapek, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

Hong Kong Disneyland Announces Plan for Multi-Year Expansion With New Attractions and Entertainment

It all starts with one of the most popular Super Hero franchises in history. The Marvel universe will continue to grow even after Iron Man Experience – Hong Kong Disneyland’s first Marvel-themed ride – opens on January 11. A new Marvel-themed area will feature a reimagined Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and a thrilling attraction dedicated to one of the most popular Marvel franchises.

Hong Kong Disneyland Announces Plan for Multi-Year Expansion With New Attractions and Entertainment

An exciting new Frozen-themed land will come to life, allowing fans of all ages to experience the characters from the popular animated film in ways they never have before at a Disney park. Guests will enjoy new attractions and be immersed in the kingdom of Arendelle with uniquely themed dining, shopping, and entertainment.

Sleeping Beauty Castle and the surrounding area will also be completely transformed to create the canvas for never-before-seen daytime and nighttime spectaculars and entertainment experiences, including a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

Additionally, guests of all ages will be able to visit Moana’s Village Festival in Adventureland for a brand new daytime stage show. Guests will also have the opportunity to meet Moana from the Disney animated film that will be released globally beginning tomorrow.

Which of these new additions are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below, and stay tuned for more updates on the Disney Parks Blog!

I am most surprised about the castle.  Hong Kong's is an exact duplicate of Disneyland's teenie tiny castle.  Now Disneyland will have the smallest castle by far.  I don't think they'd dare touch it.

TCD

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I apologize.

And remember, if you ever go to Disneyland, DO NOT say anything about their tiny castle.  The locals are very sensitive about it.

TCD

Did you make that mistake and mention it to someone too?  Been there, done that.  I am not proud of that Tshirt.  lol   (when I was pin trading back in the day, it made for a very abrupt end to a really cool trade)

10 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Did you make that mistake and mention it to someone too?  Been there, done that.  I am not proud of that Tshirt.  lol   (when I was pin trading back in the day, it made for a very abrupt end to a really cool trade)

Hey, we could go all "Southern" on them......

What a charming castle you have, bless your heart.......

Think they would "get it" LOL

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Hey, we could go all "Southern" on them......

What a charming castle you have, bless your heart.......

Think they would "get it" LOL

No, it took this Floridian several times of someone saying that to me to get it as well.  I was the resident Southern Yankee when I was in college.